Chapter 4

Previously on Wonder:

I had to stop, my exams were coming up and they determined my future. But I still kept thinking about him.

Now cry
It's only that I'm very sorry towards you
Again, cry
Because I couldn't protect you

5 weeks later - After Exams

Y/N POV

"Exam are finally over! Are u ready for graduation tomorrow Hyun Ae?"

She nodded and said "but what do you wanna do right now? We haven't done anything fun for the past few weeks!"

I agreed with her but I told her I wanted to visit my dad since it has been a while since he came back home. My parents worked late, so I always saw them during the morning time when I usually had school. My mother was making the commercial for my father's latest project, and since I haven't seen my father for a while I wanted to visit both of them.

I FaceTimed my father and said I was coming to meet him, he smiled and agreed. "Okay Y/N, we will be waiting for you".

He mentioned that some people I might know were there to represent his new model of work that will be released next year, I was curious about who they could be.

I looked at Hyun Ae, who was eating a blueberry yogurt parfait and she shrugged her shoulders, "you might know them once you see them" she replied.

She wasn't planning on coming with me, I was okay with this but felt more worried about why she was feeling down and wanted to stay at my house more often.

I knew her parent's divorce wasn't an easy experience, I was the only person to fully support her. I'm afraid sometimes of leaving her alone, by herself. Even though she smiles the brightest, her pain is silent. She always looks happy on the outside, but when she is alone, thinking all her thoughts through, she is crying and carrying all her sadness on her shoulders.

I know she will be okay, and overcome this battle. All I could do was be there for her and remind her she is loved. So I hugged her, told her to eat and relax as much as she wanted and left to get ready.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

I needed to look professional to not embarrass my parents in the workplace, so I changed and wore a black long sleeved v-neck top with a white tile printed pencil skirt and some black high heels. I put on some light makeup, lightly curled my hair in place, and finished off with my Chanel perfume.