Chapter 28

(Friday night)

Camila's POV

I sat on the steps of my front porch texting Lauren as I waited for Justin to pick me up. She had told me earlier that she was worried and I promised everything would be ok. I was doing this to benefit us and our relationship, nothing more. Justin will be able to deal with it when I "break up" with him soon. 

I see Justin's black lexus pull into my driveway and quickly text Lauren that I will call her after he drops me back at home. 

I feel drops of rain hit my head as I walk down the steps, figured. 

Justin jumps out of his car and opens the passenger door, which was step 1 to making me begin to feel guilty.

"Hey Camila. You look beautiful as always," he smiled before shutting the door slowly.

He ran around the back of the car and hopped back into the drivers seat before starting the car and backing out of my driveway carefully.

Justin was a senior now and looked a lot different, which suddenly made me nervous. I definitely don't want him to try any moves on me, no matter how much experience he has. I am in love with Lauren and no one can get in the way of that.

His curly brown hair made him look a little older than he actually was. He wore a blue tank top and a pair of casual shorts with flip flops and sunglasses. Justin is more of the skater and surfer type. He loves sports  and anything that has to do with fitness too. 

When we were little, I would chase him around my cousin's house trying to hug him because I had the biggest crush on him. This was when we were five and he claimed I had cooties. I got over that in a few months and eventually when we were about 10, he swore he had this huge crush on me which he has not gotten over.

He looked very cute, but of course, he was not my type at all. I could see that he was looking at me out of the corner of his eye. 

I dressed pretty casual, but not as casual as him. I wore white jeggings with a floral top and sandals.

"I haven't seen you in so long. You get prettier everytime," he smirked while keeping his eyes on the road.

"That's really sweet. You look good too," I added and he thanked me.

He placed his hand on my thigh as he drove and I tried my best not to push it off. Instead, I took a deep breath and noticed we were approaching the movie theater.

To be honest, I don't really know anything up Justin, like if he is a player or not. I hadn't seen him in person since we were around thirteen. He had tried to meet up with me over and over again and asked me out many times, even though I rejected him so many times I lost count. 

"Yay we're here!" I scream while pointing at the movie theater.

He laughed lightly and parked, before running around to open my door again. He is a really sweet guy and I feel bad for wasting his time on me.

"Come on babe. Let's go see A Haunted House," he opened the door to the theater.

I cringe at the sound of him calling me babe. That's what Lauren calls me.

I try to shrug it off and relax as he pays for my ticket and buys us food and drinks. I was happy we were seeing A Haunted House because it's a comedy with a hint of horror in it.

"Thanks Justin," I smile.

"No problem. Anything for you," He responds while reaching for my hand.