Chapter 18

Lauren's POV

Last night, hanging out with Camila at the mall, was amazing. We laughed the whole time and could not stop trying on weird clothes and taking loads of selfies. We managed to get kicked out of three stores, including Victoria's Secret, after putting thongs on over our shorts and running around the register. We ate so much candy and annoyed the hell out of the people working the kiosks. It was one of the best times I had in a while and it makes me smile just thinking about it. There is something about Camila and I'm sure what it is, but I like it.

With Camila's permission, I texted Phil last night to see how he was doing. He said he's been better, but he revealed a bit of a secret to me. I had no clue about this and it actually shocked me. Phil has a crush on Dinah Jane Hansen and I have a bad feeling she doesn't like him back. He made me promise not to tell, so I guess I will have to figure out how she feels about him and drop a few hints about his little crush. I would be surpised if I could keep the secret until she figures it out. I hate to admit this, but I ship them. 

I thought about all of this as I got ready for school. It was now Monday and I was looking foward to the summer more than ever. I slipped on my Rolling Stones muscle tee and a pair of high waisted shorts. I couldn't wait to see Camila.

(During lunch)

I walked into the crowded cafeteria after lab to find my four ,now close, friends sitting at our normal table. Camila saw me come in and had the biggest smile on her face. Dinah and Normani were sharing headphones listening to Chris Brown and Ally was trying to finish her math homework. I feel like we have our own group now and I like it that way. 

"Hey guys!" I slightly scream over the people occupying the cafeteria.

"Hi!" they all reply in unison.

Camila tapped on the chair next to her, gesturing for me to sit down. I don't know why, but I always get nervous when I'm around her and act different in a good way. I feel like we have two personalities that are perfect for each other. She's smart, kind, loud, and funny and I'm protective, caring, and quiet before you get to know me. 

I took a seat next to Camila and asked her the most random question. I don't know why I asked her this. I think I was thinking about it and it slipped.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" I asked.

Great conversation starter Lauren! I could not believe I had just asked her that and she probably could tell I was shocked at the sound of my own words.

"No. I know everyone thinks I'm lying, but I have never dated anyone. Not even in the 5th grade when people go out for like a day and freak out when they rub shoulders. Nothing. NO boy has ever asked me out, and they probably never will. Why? You wanna date me Jauregui?" Camila joked as she  playfully pushed my arm. 

"You're funny," I laughed while shoving her back.

"That was such a weird question. Why did you ask me that?" Camila wondered.

"Just curious. You know?" I answered nervously.

Camila nodded her head and flashed me a quick smile before picking up her phone. She checked the time and realized she would be late for lab if she didn't leave right away. She picked up her things, hugged me in a friendly way, and said goodbye to everyone before leaving.

"Damn. Her outfit is so on point today," Normani told Dinah.

Dinah nodded her head and looked over to Ally who was quickly finishing up some math problems. She punched the numbers into the calculator so fast it fell to the ground, making a harsh sound. 

We all gave her one of those "really" looks and she looked back embarrassed, but also laughing.

"I'm sorry. I fell asleep babysitting for my next door neighbor and had no time to do this homework. I don't want to fail, so I'm trying to finish it now. Those kids would not go to sleep last night, they were on some kind of sugar high or something," Ally chuckled.

We all laughed at her comment and went back to our previous actions. Normani and Dinah continued talking about their music obsessions, Ally did her homework, and I just thought for awhile.

(Lauren's thoughts)

Was Camila right? Did I really want to date her or have I never had a friend like her before? Both? Why did she always make me nervous? I had all of these weird feelings that I had to tell someone, but I wasn't sure who. Who could I even really trust not to say anything?  I thought about Phil, but I didn't want to bother him with all that he has on his plate at the moment. Everyone else in my group would tell Camz or think I was insane. 

I think I should just tell Camila and see what she thinks. I need to know if this is just a friendly thing that people go through or if she feels something too. It's weird how I never have felt like this before and I have had tons of friends. My past boyfriends didn't even have this effect on me. What if she didn't feel the same way? I think the more I'm thinking about it, I realize that I like Camila Cabello. I have more fear in my mind about her reaction than uncertainty. 

I'm going to call Camila to come over as soon as I get home and depending on how that goes, I might smoke a little weed afterwards.

Does Camila have the same feelings or will she be creeped out? How will the other girls feel? Does Dinah like Phil?
The answers to these questions will be answered in the chapters ahead. I hope you like it so far!