Chapter 2

Camila's POV

I arrived to homeroom just in time as the bell rang. Suddenly everyone turned to look at me as if I had six heads. Some people whispered to their friends next to them, others continued texting.

I went to sit next to a girl who looked really friendly but as soon as I looked at the vacant chair she dropped her backpack on it. There was one seat left in the corner of the room.

I took a seat and whipped out of my phone to text Ragina, my closest friend from my hometown.

"Please help me. I look like a freakin loner!" I read the text quietly to myself before sending it.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here. And who may you be?" a tall man wearing a suit questioned as he looked at me curiously.

"I'm..um..well," I stuttered

"Don't hurt yourself there. I'm guessing your Camila? right?"

I nodded my head silently and looked around to find everyone once again staring.

"Well don't be shy! I'm Mr. Evans!" he yelled happily as if he was waiting for me to respond.

I nodded my head again.

The people here are much different from the people at my old school. They dress so fancy just for school. Most of the girls are wearing skirts or dresses. Whereas in my old school you would be judged if you wore anything other than jeans.

It reminded me of a scene from mean girls. I could already tell who "the plastics" would be of this school.

I looked around the room and realized that whether I liked it or not, I was alone. I didn't want to cry but I could feel myself getting choked up because I felt so homesick.

I hummed the lyrics to A Team by Ed Sheeran to calm myself down. I remembered I wanted to learn the guitar part when I got home.

The bell rang signaling that homeroom ended and so I checked my schedule for my first class.

"Woodshop...who signed me up for this?! Room 620. Just great," I mumbled angrily.