Chapter 21

Dinah's POV

The jam session two nights ago went great. Our voices blended like we were born to sing together and I was blown away by all of our talent. Although we all had a lot of fun and even planned the date for our next one, something was very off.

The way Camila and Lauren were looking and talking to each other has got me wondering lately. I still have no idea what is going on with them, but it's worrying me more and more each day. Was Camila trying to show that she was mad at me? I do not want to lose my best friend and I hope she knows that. 

I have a feeling she isn't mad at me though. The way Lauren looks at her reminds me of how I used to look at Phil. I must just be mistaken. My two closest friends could not be in love with each other and not tell me! I have to calm down and think this through. I trust them, but there is no way I can keep guessing. After school I am going to call Camila and Lauren and ask them to hangout so I can get to the bottom of this.

(Later at Dinah's house)

Lauren's POV

I'm not sure why Dinah asked me to come over after school, but I'm thinking she is just bored. She has no reason to be suspicious because I don't think Camila and I have made it too obvious.

I approach her door and one of her little sisters opens it and then runs away shortly after. Dinah walks into the front of her house and Camila follows behind her with a confused look on her face.

"I didn't know you were coming Laur," she said anxiously.

"Me neither. Am I missing something? Why didn't you invite the other girls?" I asked.

"Because I need to talk to both of you alone. I didn't want you to worry if there is a reason that either of you would be worried anyway," Dinah explained.

"Ok now I'm even more confused," I tried to sound as puzzled as possible.

Dinah gestured for us to go up the stairs after her and she led us into her room silently. 

I was beginning to get nervous because she seemed serious and I didn't know why. Camila looked scared too and I hated seeing her that way. I wanted to tell her everything was going to be ok, but I did not want to make Dinah suspicious. I had to be cautious with the way I talked and acted in front of other people. I needed a filter, even though I was incapable of having one. 

"There is something that has been seriously bothering me and I want to hear nothing but the truth," she said seriously.

"What is it Dinah?" Camila asked.

"You both. You have been looking at each other differently and talking to each other more often. I saw you guys hanging out after school alone and I think it's just normal for me to be a bit baffled. Can I know if I'm doing anything wrong? I haven't been invited and we do everything together. What's going on?" she asked while looking at us lost.

Camila and I stared at each other awkwardly for awhile before she shrugged her shoulders. I made a face as if I was almost asking if it was ok to tell her knowing tomorrow would mark a week we had been together. 

I had no problem telling Dinah, but I did not want to do anything that would make Camila the slightest bit uncomfortable. She eventually nodded her head and I knew we had no choice but to tell her, even though we were put on the spot.

"Okay. Don't freak out on us or think we're weird or anything. Camila and I like each other. We like like each other and we have been dating for one week. That is the complete truth and explanation for not inviting you to hangout with us. We are not mad at you by any means. We were going to tell you tomorrow. I hope you're not mad we didn't tell you right away, we just wanted to make sure it would work first. We needed to feel content with our relationship before telling anyone. No one knows excpet you. Last night we spent more time together and we are positive we belong with each other," I tried to speak as confidently as possible.

Dinah's eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she looked at us in complete disbelief. I could tell she was not expecting what she had just heard.

"I..um..give me a minute to collect my thoughts," she spoke slowly.

We both nodded and waited patiently to hear her approval or disapproval. 

"I'm sorry for being so shocked. It's because I'm really shocked, yo. Sorry if that sounded dumb, but it''s the truth. I really support what you guys have and I'm happy you told me the truth. I am not mad in anyway and I totally ship you both. It makes me happy that you both are happy together, just remember that. I hope we can still hangout and you have time for me," Dinah spoke sincerely.

"Of course we will, Dinah. Thanks for understanding," Camila began to get up.

"Yeah. Thanks for the support. I wasn't expecting you to ship us," I confessed.

We all got up from where we had been sitting and stood in a group hug for a few minutes before pulling apart.

"I love you guys," Dinah whispered.

"I love you too," Camila and I said in unison before looking at each other and smiling.

When will they tell the other girls? Does anyone else have a confession? Thank you again for reading and I will update as soon as possible.