Chapter 4

Camila's POV

The rest of my first day of school was a blur. Everyone in the remainder of my classes basically ignored my presence because they had their own friends to talk to. I did not talk to anyone else and basically kept to myself which I didn't mind doing. 

The rest of my classes included gym, art, math, english, french, and chemistry. 

I was relieved to finally be leaving the hell other people call high school. I stepped onto the eerie yellow school bus to find people sleeping, eating, studying, and screaming. It was not much different than my school bus back at home. I took a seat in the front and waited for the doors to close as I put my headphones on so I would be able to tune out everything going on around me.

When I looked out the window I could spot Dinah running towards the busses which were just about to leave. My bus already had shut its doors when she arrived and began to bang on it.

"Come on Trudy! Let me in!" she yelled through the door.

"Alright," the old woman mumbled as she opened it.

"Sorry! I swear this will be the last time it happens!" Dinah said apologetically. 

"Sure it will," Trudy laughed sarcastically.

"Aye Mila. Move in dawg," Dinah said as she nudged me.

I moved in and sighed of relief knowing I would be able to talk to her and not be alone. 

"Hey Dinah."

"What's up? Are you doing anything around 5?" she asked me curiously.

"Not at all. Why?" I responded almost desperately.

"Do you want to come over? Maybe talk about your first day and just hangout. My mom is always bugging me to hangout with people my age," she laughed.

"Sure! Let's have each other's numbers in case something changes," I added.

We exchanged numbers and soon after, the bus began to approach my stop.

"Well this is my stop. I'll see you at five Dinah!"

"Ok! See you then," she responded.