R for Revenge

CLICK!

      She cringed as she heard the trigger of the gun. She held her breath.

      She kept holding her breath for a couple of more seconds. In a moment, she understood that it was all dark around because her eyes were tightly closed.

      She slowly let them open.

      CLICK !..... Click ! Click !

       She could see, Gary attempting to pull the trigger, but fail each time. His expression depicting the confusion, as he tried again and again.

      She stared at him for a second. Then one eye brow suddenly raising at him as she took out something small hidden out of her dress.
   "So it's only my side of story, huh..? What if I'm not the only one to hear it..?"

      Gary squinted at it. Then she saw his eyes enlarge as he glared at the tiny bug among her fingers.

       Just then suddenly, a squad cops stormed inside the apartment to where they were. Before he could understand what was happening, they stood there, pointing their weapons directly at his face, ordering him to surrender.
    One of them grabbed his hands behind and hundcuffed Gary. He gasped as he recognised the cop's voice.
     " You aren't the only one who could sound so convincing through the phone...!" Moby whispered as he winked at the girl on the floor.

    She nodded, as her lips stretched to a side for a smile. She muttered to the chief, who was struggling with a severe shock.
     "By the way..I still can't remember you or anything you did.... I was just checking if you do....."

     In the room in front of this apartment, was  someone eavesdropping through a listening device, making sure everything was being recorded. He saw everyone's reaction and disbelief to what they were hearing. But not him. He wasn't in shock, he was just grinning. At last now, he was satisfied.

    Ray.... who was actually Sebastian May, stood there, unharmed as he gestured with a nod to the computer technicians. .

     He put the device down and stepped out of the apartment. He glimpsed at the crowd walking out of the door in front of him. Moby had cuffed Gary Lincoln and was carrying him through the hallway.
      His eyes widened as he saw Ray, alive and well, unlike described in the previous phone call. He was as if facing the ultimate betrayal and questioning himself why he fell for it. He was speechless, with the sudden defeat and disclosure of truth. 
      After all  he was a chief in police, who was wealthy and honored and was about to have a settled retirement. But now everything he had planned had gone in vain. 

         Only a few seconds later while he kept staring at the hallway , suddenly someone hugged him from behind, warmly wrapping her arms around him as she rested her face on his back.

     "Amber....or Kiara..?" He asked as caressed those fingers, pressing them to his chest. Then put his arm around her shoulder and kissed her forehead, lightly.

     She thought for a second and she her voice was strait as she mouthed. "Kiara...."

     His lips stretched into a smile. Nothing made him more happier, than to see her accepting her real identity.

    He thought back to the 2 or 3 hours ago when they were walking down the beach to the car.
     Ray had stopped short, as he focused himself that he'd tell her the truth. He wasn't sure how it would go or if it would worth the risk, as he bit his lip.
     "Amber....there is something you should know..."

     He revealed it to her. Everything. That her real indentity was not Amber...that it was actually.... Kiara.

      He remembered how she stood like a statue facing backwards. She was speechless, as every peice of puzzle fell into right place. All of it became clear in her mind. She slowly turned around, to face Ray, her eyes drenched in tears and almost about to break their way as a waterfall.