The War Has Begun!

Gaara POV: 

  We reach the Cloud Village on time Temari and I are the second one to arrive I see Mizukage was the first one to arrive and I see a young lady next to her she looked so much like Raven, the girl turned around and sure enough it was Raven "Lord Kazkage and Temari so good to see you again." Raven walks to us and put out her hand for me to shake it, she trying to be formal right now but I rather give her a hug and kiss but I know that is inappropriate right now to do that "Yes it is good to see you again Lady Ichimaru I like your ninja outfit." I tell her as I take her name to kiss it I can tell she started blushing "Yes it looks good on you Raven." Temari gave her a nice comment I watch her place her hand back of her head "Thank you, my grandpa left it for me as an early birthday gift before he passed."  My eyes widen I didn't know her grandfather has passed away I want to tell her I am sorry for her loss but I can tell she is trying her best not to cry because the wound is still fresh in her heart. I hear footsteps behind me and I see it is Hokage and Tsuchikage looks like they just arrived as well, we all start heading to Raikage's office. 

*A Few Hours Later*

Raven POV: 

  After the meeting, I started to wander around waiting for Mizukage to be done talking to the others, suddenly I felt arms wrapping around me I turned around to see it was Gaara "I am sorry for being so formal with you earlier I didn't want to hear it from Lady Mizukage that it wasn't the time nor the place for romance." I hear him giggle a bit I turned around to face him "I figured that much that is why I went along with it also I am sorry for your lost Raven I wish I could help. Why didn't you tell me." I looked down "To be honest I wasn't allowed to I was kicked out the Leaf Village by Danzo and told me if I wrote to you or went to Village he will cut all ties to the Sand Village." I place my hand on Gaara's cheek and stroke it with my thumb "Right now we need to put that to the side and get ready for battle Gaara, we need to protect Bee and Naruto." Gaara gently grabs my hand and kisses it, I found out that I am in the same squad with Gaara and also my sister is in that squad as well. "I am counting on you and Nightengale let us do our best in this war Raven." Hearing those words gave me the confidence to do my best in this war.   

*The day of the War* 

Raven POV: 

   Nightengale and I go to our unit and see a few faces we already knew Temari gave us a wave "I see you two are in the same unit as me well that's good we really need it, plus no one can get through your ice wall Lady Raven." I start to laugh when she said that I looked around and I can tell that unit I and Nightengale are in do not trust us the slightest. I gave out a long sigh "Seriously you would think people put those negative emotions on the side and just focus on the war." I was getting annoyed about it people need to put their anger and revenge to the side and focus on the enemy, I feel my sister's hand on my shoulder "It can't be helped sister no matter what the situation is no one can forget the past nor forgive anyone, let's be honest not even our own Village trust us." Nightengale did have a point on that I looked up and I see the captain of the four companies I start to smile when I saw Gaara up there. "HEY!!!"I turned around to see who was shouting "WE DON'T NEED WITCHES IN OUR UNIT GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" I was a Ninja from the Stone Village which I know our Village still haven't forgiven them on what they did. I turned around and face the leaders of each group "HEY I AM TALKING TO YOU! DON'T IGNORE ME!" I gave out a sigh and turned around "What do you want? If you have an issue with me and my sister being in this unit deal with it this is not the place nor the time to start a fight." I can tell the Shinobi is getting angry with me by my comment. Suddenly I see Gaara's sand push the Stone Ninja away from me and broke up the other fights that start in the different units. Gaara began his speech on how Naruto saved him from the darkness that even though they were from different Villages and also they were enemies Naruto helped Gaara because he knew the same pain as Gaara did. Hearing his speech made me start crying "Hey are you crying, you witch!" I stare at him with a death glare which scared him. I start walking towards him and grab his vest and gave him a glare. 

Gaara POV: 

 During my speech I hear a voice in the distance, I recognize it was Raven's voice "You still don't get it! People have felt pain and betrayal looked at you as if you were a monster for no dame reason! My family has felt that pain and hate since the beginning of the Village and yet we still have hope in our hearts that one we can come together and fight as one put our differences to the side. Think about how other Villages been through all these years! If you are a human then think about that instead of your self-center ego!" hearing Raven say those words were the same words I was going to use. Raven feels the same way as I do I continue my speech and as soon as I was done with it everyone started shouting and cheering me on and decided to put their difference to the side and try to fight as one. "I am sorry Raven, I didn't know your family was also suffering from lost can you forgive me." I can see Raven put out her hand and let the Shinobi shake it 'I am glad that she putting her sadness and hate to the side and willing to trust everyone and lean on them, oh Raven you have no idea how much I admire you and love you.' I feel a hand on my shoulder and I see it was Stone Shinobi and that is captain of one the units "You speech was wonderful Gaara and I have to say your girlfriend has quite the tongue on her, to be honest, the man she was talking to never can keep his mouth shut so I am happy that she can not only keep him quiet but also scare him into reality." I looked down to Raven and I start to smile "Yes she has a very scary look when she is mad but she does it out of kindness not out of hate that is why I love her so much, to be honest, we can learn a lot from her even though she is only two years older than me haha." The gentleman starts to laugh at my comment in his way he agrees with me. After the speech, we went to our units and start heading out. 

   I kept looking behind to see Raven "Do not worry about my sister Gaara!" I look and I see it is Rei Raven's older brother "She may not look it but she is the strongest one of in entire Ichimaru clan that is why she became head of the family." He was right I have nothing to worry about Raven is strong that is why I wanted her on my team "That reminds me Kazekage!" I look to Rei again "You and I still need to sit down and talk! I want to get to know my future brother-in-law!" I start to blush when he said that 'Me and Raven married? I haven't even thought that far in the future then again it would be nice to have Raven by my side for the rest of my life.' I looked at Rei and nod my head in agreement "Alright then! I will see you after this war Kazekage keeps my sisters safe!" He trusted me with his sisters I have to keep my word with him not only has Raven's boyfriend but also as the Kazekage. 'Naruto, Raven, and Nightengale I will protect you with my life to the bitter end you have my word on that.' 

 We finally reach our destination on where we are supposed to be at I see everyone is a bit tired and trying to catch their breath I tell them to take a ten min break and we will start the orders I see Raven and her sister Nightengale make a mall water hole for everyone to fill their canteens and drink some water "You are life saver Lady Raven and Lady Nightengale thank you!" I hear a Stone Shinobi thanking them I see Raven smile 'I am glad people are finally trusting her and seeing that she is a true and kind-hearted person that I know she is.' I tell everyone to form a circle around me and I will tell them our plans for the enemies there is no time to worry about then not be too hasty we are dealing with Kabuto so we can't be to light on anything and have to be ready for anything. After telling them the plans I see some water back of my neck which made me jump I turned around to see it is Raven "Didn't mean to scare you I try calling out your name but you didn't respond, I brought you water since you haven't had any you need to keep yourself hydrated if you don't you will be tired out quickly." Even in war still, worry about me I grabbed the canteen and thanked her I give her back the canteen and she starts walking away. I know this is war and we have to keep our emotions in check but it breaks my heart I can't give her hug or a kiss "Don't worry Gaara-Kun after this war we will go on a vacation just two of us, my family owns a house on a private island we will go there." I watch her walk away hearing her say that makes me more confident to stay alive I want to be with Raven for the rest of my life.