Chapter 2

Heather looked around at the five other worried faces in the mess hall. Katie and Sadie had ran out after seeing Owen's body, and Bridgette had sprinted out after them, leaving her alone in the corner, LeShawna and Gwen talking on one side of the room, Cody and Noah on another. Izzy was still with Owen. She thought about going over and talking to her, but she decided against, knowing Izzy probably wanted to be left alone.

It was clear Heather had her differences with LeShawna and Gwen, but she wouldn't wish this upon them she was actually impressed that they'd both managed to keep their cool, not that it surprised her too much, LeShawna was a strong person, and Gwen lived for this type of thing.

The Mess hall door swung open causing Heather to jump to her feet. A groggy Duncan, Beth and Justin trudged in, looking like hell.

'Oh my God!' Izzy yelled, rushing over to them. 'Where's everyone else?'

'Lindsay and DJ are missing. Presumed dead, I guess.' Justin told her. 'Harold is also...dead.'

Heather took that in. She hadn't particularly liked Harold, but he'd been kind to her, even when no one else was. He was a kind person, who hadn't deserved this.

'We should go.' Heather said to the group. 'We're sitting ducks here.'

Duncan nodded in agreement. 'I'm a bit weak, but we need to leave.'

Beth shook her head. 'I don't think Justin and I can right now, we were injured by the bomb quite greatly.'

'I'll stay with them.' Izzy told the group. 'You guys go, and then come back for us.'

Heather nodded and she left the Mess Hall with Duncan, Gwen and LeShawna. Cody stuck his head out.

'You two coming?' LeShawna asked.

Cody nodded. 'We're just coming.'

Cody walked out, and Noah did the same, holding three knives. 'We need to arm ourselves.' He said, passing two of them to Duncan and Gwen. 'I'm guessing we'd be the best people to hold them.' They nodded in agreement, but Heather shook her head, knowing she should be equipped instead of him.

Gwen looked her knife up and down. 'Let's go.'

***

'Katie?' Sadie asked, desperately trying to get her friend's attention. Sadie squeezed Katie tight.

In the panic of Owen's death, Katie and Sadie had frantically dashed out of the Mess Hall and onto the beach.

'Everything alright?' Bridgette asked, running up to them.

Sadie gripped onto Katie. 'Katie?'

Sadie moved her hand to reveal a bloody gunshot on Katie's abdomen. Sadie screamed as Katie raised her arm to Sadie's face wiping away a tear.

Katie smiled at her best friend, and she collapsed backwards. Sadie screamed again and Bridgette ran and grabbed her hand.

'Sadie, we need to go!' Bridgette told her. 'You could be shot!'

Sadie was crying as she squeezed Katie in her arms. 'I can't leave her!'

Bridgette pulled her arm and she tried to tug her away. 'Come on!'

Sadie shook her head.

'Is that what Katie would want? For you to die here?' Bridgette asked.

Sadie looked up at the blonde and back down at the corpse of her best friend. She sniffed and squeezed Bridgette's hand. 'Let's go.'

***

'Do you even know where we're going?' Trent asked Courtney, who shook her head.

'No Trent, I don't.' She replied, annoyed.

'Then where the fuck are we going?' Eva yelled.

Courtney stopped and looked back at the group.

She crumbled.

'I don't know.'

Trent quickly placed a hand on her shoulder. 'Courtney, it's fine, we'll split up to find it.' He looked over at Tyler. 'You come with us.' Trent pulled Courtney up and took her arm. 'Let's get going.'

Geoff watched as Trent, Tyler and Courtney left, leaving him with Eva and Ezekiel. He was nervous about being left with Eva and Ezekiel. He knew Eva could hold her own, but Ezekiel was weak, and Geoff worried about him being able to potentially fight.

'Let's go the other way.' Ezekiel said to the two others, and Eva walked ahead of them. The two guys followed her for roughly twenty minutes until Ezekiel stopped them.

'What?' Eva asked him.

'I need to go...' He replied timidly.

'Where?' She demanded.

Geoff stepped in between them. 'He means the toilet.'

'Oh.' Eva responded. 'Just go behind a tree or something.'

Ezekiel nodded and went behind a small clump of trees. Eva went the other way and she stopped and frowned.

'Everything alright?' Geoff asked her.

Eva shook her head. 'You should see this.'

Geoff walked up to Eva and he saw DJ's head lying on the ground.

'DJ.' Geoff said sadly, stepping back. He turned around. 'Ezekiel?'

No response.

Geoff took a step closer. 'Ezekiel?'

Still no response.

Geoff screamed.