Chapter 73. (Part 1)

[basically this was too long so chapter 73 (the last chapter of drifter) will be two parts. I'll be uploading part 2 later so vote if you want it sooner!]

Anissa's POV

"Are you sure this the place?" Zayn asks me as we pull up to the run down hotel. The hotel that I never even dared to pass and now I'm prepared to go in and tear the place apart to find Harry.

The drive here should have been about two hours, but I drove so fast we made it here a little over one.

"Yea, I'm positive." I answer pulling into the nearly empty parking lot.

"How will we find the room?" Mariano asks, staring up at the large hotel, the night sky only emphasizing the creepiness of it.

"Your sister was a prostitute here," I explain to him,"The man at the front desk works for the pimp who owns this building. He handles the money and the customers" I then turn to the back seat to look at Zayn,"Zayn you'll have to go in and get the key. You need to pretend to be a customer."

"Okay," He nods, opening the car door.

"Wait. You'll need this. Now when you go in ask for Lolita," I tell him. I hand him the cluster of euros I took from my house and the gun that's already loaded,"Just in case."

He nods before shoving the money into his pocket and the gun in the waist band of his pants. We watch him walk nervously across the parking lot to the front office. He pauses for a minute before turning back again to the door that immediately slides open when he steps in the mat.

"Come on, well wait for him behind the wall," I tell Mariano once Zayn has already stepped into the front office.

We get out of the car looking around before walking over to the front office. We get about mid way when we hear the sound of three gun shots, one after another, fired.

I feel my heart drop as Mariano and I sprint the remainder of the way rushing into the front office to find Zayn hunched over with my father's gun firmly in his hand pointed at the man behind the desk, the man that is now lying across the counter, blood pooling out from under him.

"Zayn," I say rushing over to him as he holds his bleeding side,"Are you okay? What happened?"

"She knew you'd send me in, she knew," Zayn says handing the gun to me as he throws his shoulder over Mariano to stable himself into a seat.

"The second I asked to see Lolita he pulled a gun out on me. He said that he was instructed to kill any man that came in to see her today. She wants you to go up alone," Zayn explains, wincing in pain. I pull my sweater off folding it up and handing it to Mariano to take, which he does applying pressure to Zayn's gun wound.

"Call for an ambulance," I tell Mariano handing him my phone,"I'll go up alone."

"She'll kill you, you have nothing to offer her as trade for Harry. You can't go up alone," Zayn reminds me.

"Then what am I suppose to do? I can't just sit here!"

"He's not dead," Zayn says, pointing to the man on the counter,"We can get him to call her down. Mariano can talk to her, distract her. I'll say I brought him for help to talk some sense into her. I don't know what I'll say but whatever it is it'll serve as a distraction so you can go up to her room and get Harry."

"Okay," I nod realizing this plan is probably the only hope we have in saving him and having it actually work.

I walk over to the counter pulling the man up so I can see his face. His eyes are open in fear, and I can tell he was planning on just laying here, playing dead.