Chapter 20.

Authors Note

Hey guys! Hope you all had a great Monday! Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to a few readers from Instagram:

@id_videos_

@slut.bag

@styles.mahone

@aweestyles

@littlekittyharry

@maddielovesmahone

@nhoranhugz

Follow them on Instagram 😊 & follow my instagam for edits, and info @EatReadWriteRepeat 😊😊

Thanks for reading guys!

Please don't forget to Vote/Comment (i love reading everyone's comments)😊

Anissa's POV

"Have a good evening Anissa, I'll see you tomorrow," I hear Elizabeth call out at me as I rush past her desk and out the door.

No you won't.

I get into my rental, tossing my bag and the stupid contract on the passenger seat.

I knew from the start this place was a shithole, but no, I had to stay and find out for sure.

When I finally pull up to the resort I quickly park and scan the lot for Harry's car.

Good, it isn't here.

I half expected him to follow me, but I'm glad he didn't. Maybe he gets it now, maybe, just maybe he'll leave me alone.

Ding. I step out of the elevator and mindlessly walk towards my room.

My lack of sleep from last night is catching up with me and I decide now is as good as anytime to take a nap, I slide in my room key hastily.

Once I step in I begin to remove my shoes when I notice something from the corner of my eye.

A basket.

What the hell?

I walk over to the kitchen counter in disbelief, but sure enough it isn't just my sleepy mind playing tricks, there really is a basket.

The creatively detailed ceramic basket is filled with dozens of little golden wrapped chocolates, but that's not all, there is also beautiful orchids flowing from the top. In the middle of it all is a card that has a picture of the Milky Way galaxy on it. I open the card even though I know exactly who it's from.

I know I fucked up our friendship but I really just need one chance to make you the happiest person ever.

I won't stop until I get that chance.

Yours dearly, H.S

The second I read those 2 initials I let the card fall to floor.

Here we go again.

I'm tired of him not understanding that I don't need anyone, especially him.

Without thinking I grab the ceramic basket and throw it as hard as I can at the wall, it shatters into hundreds of tiny pieces and I watch as the chocolates and flowers fall to the ground.

I'm reminded of myself.

I am the shattered basket, and the walls Ive built up for the past 3 years are the chocolates and flowers that are now falling down.

My feelings for Harry are eating away at me, my feelings for Harry are so strong that I almost feel like just giving him the chance he is asking for, and that scares me.