Chapter 42.

Authors Note

Double update? YAY! haha.

Even thought it's like 11pm (For me) here it is!

I probably won't be updating again till Saturday, maybe Friday not sure yet.

I just want to dedicate this chapter to an amazing writer here on wattpad:

@LouisLaughWithMe - check out her story "Surrender" you will not regret it!

& btw thank you for always sending me words of encouragement and support. You always make me smile! ❤️

Love you all!

Enjoy!

Please COMMENT/VOTE.😊🌟

Anissa's POV

"What?" I utter in disbelief.

"A coma, it's when the patient is in a state of prolonged unconsciou..." The doctor begins to explain to me.

"I know what a coma is, I just..I just didn't know he was in one," I tell him feeling my mouth dry.

"Ah, well yes, he's in a coma alright," The doctor says looking back down at the chart writing something.

"Is it...an induced coma?" I ask as I walk toward the curtain around Harry's bed.

"No, I'm afraid this coma is from trauma," The doctor answers without looking up,"According to the report left by the paramedic your husband was found tied up at the bottom of a ditch."

"I know," I answer softly as I slowly pull back the curtain, finally revealing Harry. He's lying in the large hospital bed covered in wires and tubes, an oxygen mask still over his mouth.

"I can't believe it.....how did this happen," I mutter under my breath to myself as I walk to Harry's side.

"Well, because he wasn't able to allow impact into his hands this way," The doctor explains placing his arms out to demonstrate,"when he fell your husband's head hit the ground full force taking in all the impact, and from the brain scans and tests we've done tonight he has quite a bit of swelling underneath all that hair of his."

"How long will he be like this," I ask as I brush my hand along his forehead, moving his hair to the side.

"It varies from person to person, it could be days, weeks even," The doctor tells me truthfully,"I'd say as soon as the brain swelling goes down he should wake up, but that isn't always a guarantee ,"The doctor says clicking his pen closed, placing it into his pocket,"Do you have any other questions for me Mrs. Styles?"

"No," I mutter, still looking down at all the wires. I hear the doctor shut the door, leaving me alone with an unconscious Harry. I sit at the edge of the bed, feeling unsure of what I should do next.

I wasn't expecting this.

I wasn't expecting this at all.

I know deep inside I want to cry. I just want to let out every emotion I'm feeling right now, but I just can't. My body feels heavy, my senses numb, rendering me temporarily emotionless.

I scoot closer next to Harry on the bed, grabbing a hold of his slightly cold hand.

"I don't really know what to say to a person that's unconscious," I begin to whisper as I look at Harry's dirty cut face,"I know that hearing familiar voices helps stimulate your brain or something like that, but I'm not really sure if I count as a 'familiar' voice since we've only known each other for a little over a week," I say letting out a forced laugh.