1 || school

-Maddies POV-

I heard a knock on my door I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs.

"Mum I'm leaving now," I shouted.

"Bye, Darling!" She shouted back as I left her alone in our house.

"Hey," Brad smiled.

"Hello," I smiled back blushing.

I get this weird feeling in my stomach when I'm around this boy that never seems to go as hard as I try.

-Brads POV-

I left my house and walked across the road to Maddies house and knocked on the door and waited for her to open it. When she did she stood there in her uniform her blonde hair in a plait and her glasses on like every day.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," she said back blushing.

"Ready?" I asked as she nodded.

Me and Maddie always walk to school together I guess we have been friends since I moved houses here and when we found out we were going to the same school we were both excited it was quite cute thinking back to the memories. We always have something to talk about somehow.

Once we got down to longdowns road she knew the drill.

Her shoes scuffed the floor as stopped and stared at them as I stare in the direction of the students in their uniforms.

"Bye, Brad." she said smiling softly.

"I hate doing this Maddie you know I do," I said trying to make her smile.

"Yeah, I know, Brad you say it everytime and I'm just sorry that I'm not popular enough for you." she sighed shaking her head "now go walk with your mates."

I started to walk slowly but I felt myself wanting to go back to her but instead I gave her a small wave.

I know it seams harsh but Maddies the 'geeky kid' and I'm the 'cool kid'. As much as I love Maddie I can't be seen with her outside of school. That's how it works here.

-Maddies POV-

I'm used to Brad leaving me at this point and I understand. I'm the 'geeky kid' and of course he doesn't want to be seen with me. At least we are friends outside of school I guess.

I carried on walking as I saw Brad, Tristan, Connor and James In front of me also known as the 'cool kids'. Brad turned round and smiled at me as hoped no one would see but I smiled back anyway and to his luck no one saw.

"BOOOO!" someone jumped on my back as I struggled to get them off as I turned around to see my best friend and only friend Daisy.

"Daisy you idiot!" she was laughing so hard and I'm pretty sure everyone is staring at us "come on let's keep walking."

I turned back around to face the way we are walking to see brad stare at me again as he shook his head and chuckled a little.

"Your face!" daisy said smiling.

"I will get payback," I muttered.

Like I said Daisy was my only friend but my best friend. Well, I guess you could say Brad is my friend but he's hardly a good friend.

Me and Daisy soon reached school and headed to form to see the usual Brad, Connor, James and Tristan surrounded by all of the 'normal kids' of our form group everyone stops and stares as we enter the classroom most of them disgusted stares except Brads he just stares blankly. We sit down in our seats on the other side of the classroom from everyone else as James starts telling everyone about there gigs they have been doing over the weekend which I already knew since Brad told me on the way to school. No wonder they are so popular. Girls love boys in a band no matter how big or small they are.

"Brad keeps staring at you," daisy whispered as I turned and saw brad stare at me we locked eye contact and then he looked away.

"That's weird," I shrugged.

The only secret I haven't told Daisy is Brad and I.

"Anyway, have you heard Shawn Mendes' new song?"

"Of course I did!" I laughed.

"Well it was obviously about me!"she said trying to keep a straight face as we burst out laughing she then stopped "he's bloody looking at you again."

I didn't turn around this time.

"Well, maybe I have something on my face?" I shrugged.

"You don't! How does this not annoy y-"

Then the door burst open as our form tutor Mr Williams walked in.

"Boys off the table!" he snapped as Brad, Connor, James and Tristan jumped off the tables sighing "FORM SEATS EVERYONE NOW!" he shouted as we all moved.

I took my seat at the front next to Connor as Daisy sat behind us with Brad.

"Why do you keep staring at Maddie?" I heard her whisper to him as I overheard I turned around to look at daisy as I shook my head

"Um.... wh-" Brad started

"Brad!" Mr Williams shouted "Stop talking"

----------------------------

Finally, school finished with the final bell as I ran out of my last class to find Daisy waiting for me.

"Why did you ask Brad that?" I sighed.

"He was staring at you, well the back of your head."

"And is he not allowed to do that now?"

"I guess so," she shrugged.

"What if Connor heard him, hey? He probably would of kicked him out of The Vamps!" I sighed shaking my head.

"Why do you care anyway?" She asked as we carried on walking back to her house.

"I don't it's just you don't have to be mean to the guy."

"He's mean to us," she replied.

It went silent.

"can we stop talking about this?" I asked.

Once we reached Daisy's house I said my goodbyes and carried on walking to longdowns road where I stopped and texted Brad.

One message to bws

At longdowns road if your walking back?

I sighed as I stared at his contact. I wish our friendship was normal enough that I could have his full name on my phone but oh well.

One message from bws

Yep just coming back from Connors house I'll be there in 5

I started at my shoes as my thoughts about this boys span around my head.

One message from Bradley (bws)

I see youuuuuu

I looked up from my phone to see him waving as I laughed and waved back as he laughed back.

"Hey Brad," I smiled as he reached me.

"You free to come back to mine?" He smiled shyly.

"I'd love too," I smiled back as we walked the same route home.