Show Your Pride.

- - 🌈 - -
[what about "you and hayley go to a gay pride"? or something about the pride month]
requested by @xlacerationgravity

- 'Stay still, Y/N!' You're gonna make it smudge.' Hayley insisted, touching up the rainbow she'd been painting on the side of your left cheekbone.
- 'Sorry,' You responded quickly, squeezing her thigh as you giggled slightly.
- 'I'm not used to getting make up done.' You continued, smiling happily as you closed your eyes; allowing hayley to continue.
- 'You should wear it more often, you look beautiful!' She complimented, pressing a peck to the corner of your mouth when she saw you blushing at the comment.
- you exhaled, opening your eyes a tiny bit to peak at her and that gorgeous smile she was bearing.
- 'Maybe, I will.' You agreed, willingly. 'Only for special occasions though, like this one.'
- 'I must say, these bright colours look so good on you, honey.'
- 'Thank you.' You replied bashfully, automatically but unintentionally beginning to change the subject.
- 'I'm so damn excited for pride.' You expressed enthusiastically, as hayley cupped both of your cheeks in her palms; admiring her work.
- 'I'm SO excited for my first pride with you! We're gonna have a blast.' Hayley agreed, excitedly reaching for a mirror to show you the finished result.
- you gasped loudly, your grin simply unbearable as you saw her masterpiece or the very first time.
- 'Baby! It looks absolutely gorgeous, I love it. Thank you so much!' You praised your girlfriend, lovingly; her proud expression saying it all.
- 'My pleasure.' She responded softly, wrapping you up in her arms. 'Let's go have some fun!'

- With that, you and hayley soon found yourselves gathered amongst friends in the midst of the pride parade.
- the atmosphere joyful, spirits high and music loud.
- everywhere you looked there was warmth and authenticity, people simply loving and embracing their true selves.
- hayley rode happily on your shoulders, rainbow flag proudly wrapped around her like a cape; as it blew freely in the wind.
- the pair of you sang along cheerfully to the lyrics of the songs that played, as they bellowed from the giant parade float in front.
- attempting to dot sweet kisses in between, giggling hysterically when you totally missed each other's mouths.
- hayley's current position not the most ideal for kissing.
- after a while, she was by your side; hands intertwined as the pair of you danced happily.
- you felt invigorated, proud and so unbelievably free.
- the feeling so overpowering that it managed to bring tears to your eyes.
- hayley soon caught onto the salt water that temped your expression, despite the fact that you continued to smile through it.
- 'Hey-Hey,' She shuttered, suddenly bringing her hands up to your face. 'what is it?'
- 'They're happy- they're happy tears, I promise.' You blurted out, between breaths looking into hayley's eyes intensely.
- 'It's just pretty overwhelming, you know. I'm-I'm so lucky to have you, Hayles.' You explained, trying your hardest to describe your feelings.
- 'Awwh, sweetie!' Hayley cooed, bringing you into her arms comfortingly; as you continued to walk amongst the many crowds of people.
- 'I'm so proud to be with you,' She explained accentuating every single word purposely into your ear.
- 'and I'm so proud to love.' She finished, tons of kisses quickly bombarding your cheek in an attempt to make you giggle.
- 'There's my favourite smile!' Hayley mused, brushing any loose stands of hair out of your face, ever so gently.
- 'You're the best thing that's happened to me, you know that?' You gushed, sealing your words with a passionate kiss to her lips.
- 'And you to me, my love.' She grinned, with complete honestly in her tone.' Happy Pride, Y/N.'
- 'Happy Pride.' You repeated her words, resting your temple intensionally against her own.
- sighing deeply into her warmth, you felt at home; she was home.

——————

💐 4/6 requests outstanding! 💐

Hey everybody, just wanted to jump in here to say I hope you all liked this chapter!
🏳️‍🌈
The next request I'm going to be working on, I received via private message. And, it was an idea that I found very intriguing and decided to take on as a challenge to myself to spice up this book a little.
So, I really do want to take my time with it to ensure that I do the request justice, write to the best of my ability & keep the story as authentic as possible.

I would like to share a song with you all, that I decided to name this upcoming chapter after.
🧡
✯ The song is titled 'Somebody's Baby' and was originally written by Jackson Browne, which you can find here; https://youtu.be/hTE5ep2ddco ✯

✯ But I first heard the song when it was covered by an artist I listen to called Sidney Gish, which you can also find here; https://youtu.be/aTxD7XHLtq4 ✯

💖 Until then, big love & hugs everybody!! 💖

- M.
🌙👋🌷