Airport Goodbyes.

- - ✈️ - -
- you'd never held onto hayley's hand so tightly before.
- cherishing every single second, that her unbelievably soft skin spent against your own.
- you were going to miss her gentle touch more than anything.
- her comforting tones, and that damn rasp to her voice that always sent your heart skipping a beat.
- of course, you'd be able to call her whenever you wanted.
- but nothing compared to witnessing the real thing, right in front of you.
- you were trying your hardest to hold it together, for hayley's sake at least.
- offering her a small smile of reassurance, each time she laid her eyes on you.
- you could see her own eyes were heavy with emotion, ready to crumble at any given second.
- even though she was beyond excited to get back on the road with the guys, you'd just spent the past twelve months building your very first home together.
- and, neither of you wanted to face the reality of spending almost two months apart.
•••
- you walked at a slow, but steady pace among paramore and a few members of their crew.
- killing time as you made your way to their designated gate, ready for them to board the plane.
- time had never seemed to move so fast before, causing you to feel utterly sick to your stomach.
- at the thought of not being able to hold hayley in your arms in less than half an hour.
- you gulped hard, as you saw the number of their gate appear in front of you.
- only a few steps later it was time to say your goodbyes.
- you could feel yourself welling up as hayley turned to you, cradling your cheeks between both of her palms delicately.
- 'Well, here's my stop.' She stated at almost a whisper, her words escaping shakily.
- you could barely hear her low voice over the buzz of the busy airport.
- but, the background noise soon drowned out as you felt hayley attach her lips to yours.
- her actions were passionate, eager in fact; yet still remaining precise and careful at the same time.
- hayley sighed heavy into the kiss, as you tugged her in closer by the waist.
- you felt a tear trickle down her left cheek, dampening your own skin a little too as it did so.
- 'I really don't wanna do this.' She exhaled against your lips, resting your foreheads together subconsciously.
- 'But?' You replied simply, smiling sweetly as her saddened expression began to brighten.
- 'It's gonna be so rad.' She enthused genuinely, smiling with her teeth.
- 'You know it! And, I wanna know every single detail, okay?' You grinned, nodding along with her as she agreed.
- she sniffed a little, while wiping her tears away with the back of her hand.
- 'C'mere, you.' You giggled, guesting lovingly for her to come into your arms.
- 'I can't believe you made me cry like this!' She whined, poking at your ribs playfully.
- before beginning to relax in your embrace.
- the two of you just held each other, simply relishing in those last few moments.
•••
- until you heard zac calling of hayley, from just a few feet away.
- it was finally their time to board.
- you almost winced at the sound, your eyes clenching closed.
- as you placed a few final kisses to hayley's hairline, before releasing her from your grasp.
- you lowered the bag of hand luggage that you'd been carrying for her, down from your shoulder.
- holding it out for her to accept.
- she did so, before slipping off her favourite thrifted black denim jacket.
- that she'd been wearing religiously for the past six months.
- it was pretty oversized on her, but that seemed be why she loved it so much.
- 'I want to you take care of this until I get back home, alright?' She insisted, encouraging you to take the piece of clothing from her.
- you couldn't help but accept, allowing hayley to assist you in putting it on.
- 'Wow, my clothes look damn good on you.' She smirked, giving you a cheeky wink. 'But, we already knew that.'
- you felt wild butterflies swarm your stomach, as you watched her straighten out the collar around your neck.
- even after all this time together, she still never failed to make your knees feel weak.
- you took the opportunity to sneak in another kiss to her mouth.
- to savour her taste for as long as you possibly could.
•••
- whispering those three little words, as you separated - the two of you held eye contact as hayley let go of your hand.
- hastily, making her return to the rest of the band.
- 'I love you.' She mouthed honestly, guesting each word by placing her palm against her chest; before forming a heart with her fingers then pointing directly at you.
- you only had the chance to blow her a kiss in response, before she was out of sight.
- that's it, she was gone.
•••
- that's when your emotional control completely disintegrated, tears beginning to pour from your eyes at a uncontrollable speed.
- you inhaled deeply, before heading off to the airport exit.
- you tucked your hands into the pockets of hayley's dearest jacket; appreciating the way the material naturally moulded to your body shape.
- that was when you felt something pushed lower down into the right hand pocket.
- your curious fingers dug deeper, until you pulled out a folded piece of paper.
- you knew, exactly what this must be.
- your mind flashing back to the heartwarming letter hayley had left for you, prior to her Christmas Eve surprise.
- you unfolded the note carefully, immediately noticing the lipstick stain she'd left next to her initial.

it read;
'Y/N,
I know that I've never loved anyone as much as I love you, as this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
❤️
I hope this makes you smile when you find it, if only I could see your reaction.
These 60 days are gonna be tough, baby. But we'll get through it, you're more than worth the wait in my eyes.

You truly are the best thing that's happened to me.
- H'

- needless to say, after reading that your eyes weren't dry for a while.

——————
Wow, well that unintentionally turned out to be the longest chapter I've written yet!
Nonetheless, I really enjoyed this one & I hope you all did too.
✨👼🏻✨

✯  Until next time, everybody! ✯😉

😉