Cookies, sprinkles, kittens, and a little bit of fake happiness

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"I see something that's definitely gonna make you feel better Patton." He told me. Both me and Remy followed his gaze.

I turned my head to see Logan Hawkins. I felt a blush creep up my cheeks. He was sitting at his table with all his super smart friends. He pulled out a book and started reading, while also somehow being able to keep conversation with his friends.

"Your bright red Patton." Said Emile with a laugh.

"Gurl, you need to just go for it." Remy told me, pointing his fork towards Logan.

"I can't help it!" I squeaked. "You two know how much I like him. And there's no way I'd do that."

"You seriously need to just go up to him and be like, I love ya bitch. I ain't ever gonna stop loving ya biiitch." Said Remy, sassily crossing his legs.

"Shush!" I laughed. "I don't want him to hear you. Also language!"

"He's not." Said Emile, trying to contain his laughter.

"1776! New York City!" A group of people yelled from the middle of the cafeteria. Roman King, the most popular person here, and Thomas Sanders, one of the best actors in our school were standing on a table.

They were signing Aaron Burr, Sir from Hamilton. I laughed along with Emile and Remy, enjoying the show. But it was quickly put to a grinding half as Principle Williams marched in and yelled at them.

-•-

Emile and I walked down the hallway heading for the main doors. Emile kept nudging me and smirking. I blushed heavily, thinking about what just happened.

"You have to tell me everything that happened." Emile said, pulling gently on my arm.

"It was awesome, he so nice, and now we're meeting at his house tomorrow night to discuss the project." I told him giddily. "Once we get back to your house, I'll tell you and Remy every little detail."

Emile was about to say something, but we both stopped in our tracks, along with everyone else, when we heard screaming and yelling.

I turned to see Jackson Zander, standing over that quite emo boy that doesn't have any friends.

Jackson was screaming all shots of slurs at the guy. This isn't the first time this has happened. It's kinda a daily thing here. But everyone's to afraid to step in and stop it.

Zander does football and wrestling, plus he's one of Roman's closest friends. Every one has a mutual understand to just not get in Jackson's way if he was picking on someone.

Emile grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the scene before I could get emotional and try to stop Jackson.

I'm have way to much empathy and the smallest things will make me emotional. Emile knows this luckily and gets me out of those situations.

We walked out of the school and into the parking lot. I quickly got into Emile's car.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"Your welcome."

"I wish I could just do something for the poor guy." I admitted. "He's always all alone and Jackson and his friends are so mean to him."

"We can't do anything." Emile told me sternly. "If we get in Jackson's way, he'll start targeting us too."

"I know." I agreed sadly.

Emile drove out of the school parking lot and headed back towards his house. I leaned my forehead against the window until we arrived.

We pulled into the driveway. I got out, pulling my bookbag over my shoulder. I followed Emile up to the front door.

"Hey Mom!" Emile called to the kitchen. Emile's mom popped her head out from the kitchen and smiled at us.

"Hello boys!" She called back. "Come on in here, I baked cookies!"

I smiled, feeling better. We walked into the kitchen, setting out bookbags against the island.

"Hi Mrs. Picani." I said cheerily. She smiled warmly at me and pushed the plate of cookies towards us.

"I'm guessing your parents aren't home?" She asked. I nodded.

"Another business trip." I told her. She sighed. Emile's Mom was sort of like a second Mom for me. She was super caring and always looked out for me when my parents weren't home.

"I'm sorry honey." She mumbled. "Will you be spending the weekend with us than?"

"If that's okay with you."

"Of course sweetie." She told me. "Why don't you and Emile get situated upstairs, I'll call you two down for dinner."

Emile grabbed a few cookies and than headed to the stairs. I followed him up to his room.

I dropped my bag and flopped onto his bed. I curled up and cuddled his Stitch plushie.

"Come one, you're not gonna mope around the entire weekend." He told me, pulling me off his bed.

"Let's watch Steven Universe and eat cookies." I told him.

"Not yet, you need to tell me everything that happened." He laughed. I laughed gently and sat down on the bed with Emile. Than I started to tell him everything that happened while working on the project.

Slowly but surely, I started feeling more like my happy go lucky self.

But Now We're Stressed Out जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें