24. Lost in the tombs.

Start from the beginning

"Diego.. Carol wasn't dead"

"But we dug a grave. I want momma and Dean back Ricky"

"I'm sorry. There gone. Momma can't come back, she died... and .. dean turned we had to put him down.. remember?"

"But.. But dean died before, and my bestest friend made him alive again."

"I'm sorry" rick said giving me a hug.

"Why did he lie to me? Why did he leave Ricky?"

"Daryl has his code. He just wanted to be sure that you were gonna be safe. Nothing will happen to you" once he finished talking, he set me on his hip while I smushed my face into his shoulder and played with the keys from his pocket. He walked over to Hershey's cell.

"She's out like a light" Hershey said about Michonne. "It must have been days since she's slept... you look pretty shocked yourself" he said to Ricky while standing up on his crutches.

"How long before she can travel?"

"Have to keep an eye on her. Pretty sure she has a concussion." He walked outta the cell and I passed Ricky the keys, earning a smile from him. He one handedly locked the gate thingy. And passed me the keys again while walking towards the others. It still didn't feel right.. him not being here. It's different. More gloomy.

"So, What now? Do you think the governor will retaliate?" Bethy asked. I like Bethy.

"Yes" Maggie said

"Let him try" Glenny said quietly. I started to drift off and I gave Ricky the keys back so that I didn't drop them.

"Sounds like he's got a whole town. We're outnumbered and outgunned." Carol said to Ricky

"We could use some reinforcements" Hershey advised. It was quiet for a second and I started to drift in and out of sleep. Ricky opened the gate and walked out to see the new people. Ricky walked up to a man with a hat.

"I'm Tyreese" he said while sticking out his hand, but he put it down when he noticed that Ricky wasn't gonna shake it.

"Sasha, Allen, Ben" Hershey introduced. Sasha was pretty and she smiled at me and I tiredly returned it.

"How'd you get in?" Ricky questioned

"Fire damage to the administrative part of the prison. Walls down." Tyreese said

"That sides completely overrun with walkers. How'd you get this far?"

"We didn't. We lost our friend Donna."

"They were lost in the tombs" Carl said. I like Carl, I haven't spoken to him since I got back though. Ricky whirled around and rose his voice at Carl. It made me jump awake.

"And you brought them here?"

"He had no choice" Hershel defended

"I'm sorry about your friend. We know what that's like." Ricky said

"Hershel said you could use some extra hands. We're no stranger to hard work. Well go out and get our own food, stay out of your hair. You got a problem with another group, we'll help with that too. Anything to contribute." Tyreese said hopefully

"No" Ricky shut down.

"Please. It's like Ten little Indians out there. It's just us now." Sasha pleaded

"No."

"Let's talk about this" Hershey reasoned. "We can't just keep..."

"We've been through this" Ricky said, turning to face Hershel and readjusting me on his hip. "With Tomas, Andrew. Look what happened."