38. The Welkin

Please vote.

It is better to light a candle that curse the darkness.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Deep within the Welkin into the highest levels of Heaven's prairie gathered the three courts—upper, mid, and nether. Join together in Yahweh's court, they remained unaware of the insidious darkness swallowing the heavens.

He strode forward toward in a dignified manner that all angels of the courts possessed. He'd never tire of the swirl of blue crystals mimicking the sky in Mortalia. With a wave of his hand, he manifested clouds consolidating them into a throne. Planting himself down, his eyes strayed across the court falling onto the jeweled covered columns.

They hadn't gathered for millennia, not since the tragedy that befouled Lofiela. A white toga made out of zilos material similar to silk adored his body while gladiator sandals covered his feet. He studied the other angels as they appeared. A speaker from each order was present. This pertained to the horsemen wreaking havoc in the Faerie and Mortalia. But why?

"Zophiel!"

He glanced in the direction of the voice smiling softly at the small girl. She dressed in similar attire and she opted for flying instead of walking. The others stared on in boredom giving her wide berth. Sariel landed in front giving him a small curtsey.

"Sariel," he said gently. His eyes flickered towards the others noting the disdain there. Sariel was a part of the third triad which was at the bottom of the hierarchy. Zophiel was a cherubim. Belonging to the first triad, he was known for wisdom, love, and compassion. However, the others remained unaware of his role as a guardian and warrior for divine protection. His presence illustrated the dire circumstances for the welkin. Nonetheless, they were all children of Yahweh. If his brothers and sisters weren't careful, they would fall.

"Zo, are we going to be okay?" Sariel whispered into his ear, pulling him from his thoughts.

"Of course. We will get to the bottom of this."

"But the realms, the order is falling apart," she whispered panic in her voice.

"Shush, little one. Do not worry. All shall come to light."

"Clouds, old man, is that the best you can do?"

Zophiel studied the young warrior curiously. Raziel was a bit of a trouble maker, but he was honest and trustworthy. He understood the pressure of trying to prove himself within the order. The last thing he desired was to be ostracized like Sariel.

"You should show more respect, Raziel," Sariel said cutting in as usual. He merely lifted an eyebrow. He was sure romantic relation was in their future. Zophiel nearly chuckled aloud at the thought. His blue eyes sliding to meet Raziel's golden ones.

"Your little mutt is by your side barking as usual," Raziel sneered trying to bate Sariel.

Giving both children a look of boredom, he continued to scan the room wondering why the Thrones would send Raziel to represent them. Was he doing a trial? A test to move to a higher order?

"We are to begin," he stated, his voice ringing out in the court. Raziel scoffed at his words moving towards Sariel's left to create a throne of gold. He briefly wondered if it were comfortable.

"My brethren, we are gathered here because of the atrocities plaguing the realms. Attacks have been aimed at Mortalia and the humans are in danger. The fluctuations in energy with alert them to our presence."

Born of Death (Editing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara