7. Dreams of Death

DON'T FORGET TO

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

Dear beloved

Rip into my throat

And make me croak

Fury burned through Cyriac as he hurried towards the den where he knew the others gathered

Fury burned through Cyriac as he hurried towards the den where he knew the others gathered. How dare Katherine touched what was his?! Never in all his existence, had he encountered rage such as this. It left a bitter taste on his tongue while heat boiled his blood. Only centuries of training kept his face blank as entered the chamber. Dark satisfaction bloomed in his stomach when everyone bowed, paying their respects. Their submissiveness calmed the heat rampaging through his body. He sought out his father, relieved to see his joining of the high council treating him well. Although his father was a fine king, he grew tired of it. Now, he stood before him.

"Son, what's this about a mere human girl you've become besotted with?"

"Father she is mine," he replied, his possessiveness bleeding into his words as his eyes glowed. "She calls for me." He nodded recognizing the shock in his father's eyes. Often souls in vampire's counterparts weren't strong enough to call for its mate. To establish a connection. A true soulmate allowed his kind to reproduce. Cyriac's father was the first in eons able to pass a throne down to his son. Normally, trials were held to determine the next monarch. It was such a barbaric practice, and he was glad he could put an end to it.

"Furthermore, she may not be human at all. If you saw her father, her beauty rivals even that of vampires. And, when she feels threaten or angry, the most peculiar things occur."

"Interesting. Son, I want you to bring her to the next council meeting."

"Understood father," he said with a slight nod before turning on his heels, leaving the others behind. His heart swelled in pride with thoughts of Rosalinda. She was exquisite. A gift to behold. A partner. A soulmate. He hurried anxious to see her again.

☠️☠️☠️

Rosalinda stood surrounded by darkness as it pressed in on her from all sides. She swallowed the fear festering in her gut. Impossible. She could never be harm by darkness. Soon, the overwhelming feeling gave way, and she frowned at the shadowy figure in the distance.

"Come to me."

Eh? But who? More importantly what was it? Her breath left her mouth dry. Through the shades of black, she stared gobsmack as an archway derived of skulls began to form, the rich shade of black giving way to the luminescence and lustrous glow of bone. Chills erupted along her skin, once she spotted the hollow sockets glowing a malevolent red and poisonous shade of green smoke seeped from the skulls mouth. Enraptured by the archway fortuitous beauty, she moved closer.