EPILOGUE

"Daddy, what's going on?"
"Dumum-mi, now is not the time. I suspect the order will be making their debut, but alas, they would not dare to oppose me. For I am Death. Now into the cloak."
"Wait, what? I'm coming with you?!"
"Yes, you must understand the universe functions."
"But—"

Her voice became muffled as he stretched his arm out and shoved her into the cloak. Prepared to fall forward she stretched her hands outward to cushion the fall only to stare in surprise at the comfortable black reclining sofa that she landed on? Standing, she shuffled over to the larger couch rubbing her hands across the leather before taking a seat.
This was definitely weird. How was she even in the cloak?

Rosalind blinked owlishly as a large flat screen television spanning the cream colored wall appeared and flickered on.
"This is definitely creepy," she mumbled, startled by the strange shadow man standing with a slight bow at the end table. Eh?! Wait, when did she get transported into some high end great room with room service?

"Um, hello?"

"Yes please."

He bowed and pointed a finger at the television. Curling her legs under her she watched.

*

Death stood in the center of a large circular space while giving the representative a pertub look.

"The realms are in disarray!" They boomed in unison while he shrugged in shoulders nonchalantly.

"Disarray?" he paused, his eyes scanning each group of colored particles. "They were broken to begin with." Blowing on his nails he continued, "An insidious darkness invaded the heavens prairie long before I arrived. To think a seraphim, committing experiments on members of the order and turning them into something... even I found revolting."

Met by silence he continued. " You are uncertain of its containment. Has it reached Elysian fields? Summerland avenue or even the Zathura center?"

"Do not create chaos here. You've done enough!"

"Boo hoo," he mocked. "These creatures dared to move against the natural order of things. To move against Slaugh?! Against death?!" He hissed.

"Brother."

Thanatos whipped around staring at his brother Life. He held skin the color of bark and crystal clear golden eyes that shined with knowledge while green hairs sprouted messily from his head.

"The time lords dared," he started.

"But they are merrily doing their job. I know, I know, all come from death. It was kind of you to share your essence in their creation.

"You always do this," he mumbled, wanting to swat the large hand resting on his head.

"But I know you best. We are twins."

"Why are you here?"

"The scroll of Halittar is a glow"

"It hasn't have a warning since the great breaking."

"The welkin is hiding something," Thanatos mulled deep I thought the silence in the room growing. Why would the scroll appear. Why now.

The boy's name has appeared in it.

Thanatos kept his reaction normal upon hearing Life's thoughts in his head.

The child that had worked his way into his heart. His mind shied away from his final moments recalling the words he spoke. It sent sadness and rage rampaging through him. If they hadn't taken his precious Dumu-mi then neither child would've suffered!

Brother you must calm yourself. The child is still marked by you, but he must fight for his right to exist. And you cannot interfere. Instead focus on the welkin and find the missing seraphim.

"Are you two done?"

Life and death turn to stare at the young time lord. He cleared his throat and began.

"We will begin the investigation into the welkin as long as the entity remain neutral."

"I care not. No one touches what's mine or the realms will crumble once again underneath my rage."

Rosalinda stared as the screen suddenly went blank and she fell out of the cloak. Whaaat?!!!

"A child?!" The room erupted in shock.

"This is my daughter."

"Hi" she squeaked, her eyes darting around the particles. Why were they in space? She grinned as an earthy smell filled her nostrils and she felt revitalized. "Uncle!" she cried throwing herself at the tall brown skin man.

"You look just like daddy!" But the coloring was different. Chuckling at the jealousy coming from her father, she returned to his side.

Death hated the lingering sadness in his child's eyes but if the scroll was aglow then it met his son would return. Afraid of raising her hopes, he didn't tell her. Instead his son would have to fight for the throne of perdition while he could only stand by and watch. But this wasn't the end. It was only the beginning.

A/N:

Have you guys figured out the next book title? This book will be undergoing heavy edits in the future to flush out scene and clean it up. Don't forget to hit that little button at the end of the chapter! I appreciate it! Thoughts comments? Let me know! Check out my Instagram for fun character designs and like me on Facebook.🖤

🖤