Chapter 21. Destruction of Bonds of Love

Please vote.

Cometh of the Hour

The tower of death

It'll be your last breath

So summon the scythe

She watched Cyriac move with vampiric speed bringing structure to her chaotic room. A wry smile flickered across her face as he placed orders for furniture and cabinets. What could he be? There wasn't anything in the school books about his species. She'd never seen or read about such a transformation. Each head had its own personality. Did that imply Cyriac could transform into the creature that each of his head represented? What exactly should she tell her father? Her father was a force that not even she as his daughter would want to trifle with. However, Cyriac was her and she must do everything in her power to protect him, even if it's from her father. She shuffled over to Drac and Gora's sleeping forms.

What was she supposed to do with them? She peered down into their sleeping faces, with their eyes close, they didn't look so different from humans. Not long ago, she was one of those humans, small and insignificant. Life was nothing but a fleeting moment. Going from knowing that you were born to die to become the very essence of death, fear chaos alike was completely mind-boggling. She needed to figure out what to do with this barrier. Could she penetrate it? She voiced my concerns to Cyriac.

"We have to think of a place we can keep them for the time being." Well, where in the hell were they going to keep them? She couldn't keep them here, not with daddy sniffing around. Could she even move them with the barrier in place? She could sense it, maybe even break it, but what if it had ill effects. She needed training and bad.

"This barrier probably was created to keep them safe from large amounts of energy. See if you can use the shadows to move the bodies, Rosa." Hmm, she could use their own shadows to move the bodies. She watched intrigued as their shadows solidified. How strange, to see them become third dimension beings. Once Gora and Drac shadows picked up their counterparts she looked towards Cyriac for further instructions.

"Let's return to the castle where we can leave them with my most trusted advisors and household servants. I want you back in school before suspicion arise."

"You're the boss with the sauce."

Cyriac had duties to attend to. He had been neglecting them on her behalf and that's something she didn't want him to do. She must make a good impression on the court. But if they were mean, Daddy could always annihilate them. She giggled in mirth at the prospect. Rolling over onto her stomach she grabbed her phone off the nightstand and scrolled through Grimsticx—the darklings version of Instagram. Chills erupted along the back of her neck. Closing the app on her phone, she sat up quickly only to see her father standing in the doorway to her bedroom.