Episode 53- Date.

-------------------------------------------------------

"We managed to get the bullet out," He begins handing them the bullet in a sealed back. "But when it entered his chest the impact damaged his right lung quite badly and as you may know his left one doesn't work well as it is so we will need to do a lung transplant. The only problem is we don't have any donors." He explains.

"So what's happening now?" Denise questions.

"We've induced him into a coma, he has equipment to help him breathing for now until we can find someone suitable. You can live with just one so we're hoping to replace the damaged one and take the left one out. There's not much point in it being there if it's not doing anything." He explains again hoping that it makes sense.

"How long will it take to find someone?" Denise questions.

"It could be today or it could be next month but at the moment he's stable in the coma so as long as it takes we'll keep him like this. Your welcome to find someone yourself." He states Denise nodding her head. They both ask any questions they wish to know answers from before he leaves making them both feel a little better about how Joe is. Demi holds the bullet in her hands staring down at her wondering how something so little could do so much damage, it's all about who's hands the gun is in. There's no such thing as a harmful gun, just a harmful person.

"I'm going to go back to Kaleb now, I'm spending too much time away from him." Demi says pushing the bullet in the bin not baring to look at it anymore.

"Okay sweetie, I'll call by later and make you up some dinner if you'd like?" Denise suggests Demi smiling giving her a hug.

"That would be nice." Demi admits thanking her before leaving. She was happy that Joe would eventually be okay and back with the family. Whether he would make the next scan appointment she doesn't know but she was looking forward to the future with Joe and their children. Denise stands up making her way into the looking sighing slightly when she sees Joe laid on the bed still apart from his chest rising up and down as he has help with the help of a machine. She was just glad he was okay and even looked better, he had much more colour in his skin and now looked content as he slept. She takes the seat on the chair next to his bed holding onto his hand beginning to watch him but it didn't take long to be disturbed by Nick coming back through with drinks like he promised.

"Oh hey mom, where's Demi? I was waiting with her." Nick states.

"She left to spend some time with Kaleb and Makayla." Denise replies also telling him about how Joe was and how he needed a lung transplant.

"You want Demi's drink then?" He questions handing her it.

"Nick you seem to be spending a lot of time with Demi, are you sure you don't still have feelings for her?" Denise questions placing the drink on the side.

"No of course I don't, someone should be there for her don't you think? She has two children to look after and one isn't hers! She needs help with one on the way too!" Nick exclaims.

"I know what you mean but you do need to give her space as well, back off otherwise people are going to think different." Denise warns Nick sighing nodding his head.

"I just don't see why people would think I still like her." Nick states slumping on the couch.

"Because of the way your acting around her, as I said if you back off a bit then you won't be accused of something that isn't happening." She replies.

"I did have a date last night but I cancelled it so I could see how Joe was," Nick says looking down at the floor. "I don't know whether she'll go out with me again."

"Did you call her or just stood her up?" Denise asks.

"I called her but she didn't answer so I left a message." Nick explains.

"I'm sure she'll give you another shot Nick, just be yourself and you'll find a girl soon." Denise speaks making Nick feel a little more better.

------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!