Episode 8- Some of the truth.

----------------------------------------------------

Demi parks the stroller up against the closest wall careful not to scrap any of the paintwork off. She puts the brakes on peering in making sure Kaleb was still asleep before making her way over to Joe who was still staring at the picture of the baby on the sheet. She takes the seat next to him laying her hand on his arm making him jump out of the trance he was in, that's when she noticed his eyes welling up with tears.

"Are you okay?" Demi questions Joe shaking his head allowing the tears to fall. The news of this is all just a bit too much for him to handle. "What's wrong?"

"I-I." he begins figuring out he couldn't find the words to carry on so he just hands Demi the sheet of paper he got through the mail that he collected from downstairs less than ten minutes ago when he got back from work. Demi takes it in her hands holding it the right way beginning to carefully run her eyes along the text.

Hi Joe,

I know this might come to a shock to you but a couple of days ago on June twenty first gave birth to a little girl. Although it could be another guys baby I'm convinced it's yours even though you were told that you would not be able to have any. I can tell just by looking down at her that she's yours but doctors want a confirmation, please Joe come down to the hospital and take a DNA test with her. I need to know.

Lots of love, Taylor xxx

Demi doesn't quite understand what the note means, she had only met Joe the day before so she knows nothing about his past or the people he had met. She has no idea why he was told he couldn't have kids so this note means nothing to her. She's hoping that he will finally open up to her after what had happened between them over the past day.

"Why couldn't you have a baby?" Demi questions handing him a tissue from the box that was laid on the coffee table. He takes it wiping away the couple of tears that had slipped from his eyes also taking the sheet back looking down at the baby who could be his daughter. He doesn't know whether he wants Demi to know about his past, she probably wouldn't want him around her son again which he would understand. Joe leaves answering her question until he had calmed down a little bit mainly so she could tell what he has to say. 

"I-I was addicted to cocaine, it got really bad so my parents sent me to rehab for a couple of months to cure the addiction, they took tests while I was there and they said I would probably never have kids. She can't be mine." Joe explains.

"Joe they said probably which does mean there is a possibility. I suggest you go down there get the DNA test done and then the two of you can decide what's going to happen." Demi encourages Joe letting out a sigh as he nods his head.

"Okay thanks." He says folding the piece of paper back up laying it on the coffee table.

"Is that way you connected so well with Kaleb? because you thought you couldn't have any more of your own?" Demi guesses Joe shrugging his shoulders.

"I've just been through so much so far in my life, I just want everything to change." Joe admits leaning back on his chair turning his head seeing the stroller. He wanted to make sure Kaleb was here, it's the only aspect that's stopping him from losing his temper at Taylor for keeping the whole pregnancy from him. He would at least have wanted to know that her baby could be his whether it turned out to be his or not.

"You're the only one who can change how your life is going." Demi states which makes Joe crack a smile slightly.

"Thanks for the help." He says giving her a tight hug. It's where he wants to be forever.

-----------------------------------------------------

Last of the night. I have my youth club to go to. I might do this story on Sunday though :) 

2 or 3 comments.