Episode 25- Anger

--------------------------------------

"She won't feed; they’re running tests on why she might not be.” Taylor explains Joe nodding his head guessing that they are giving her the nutrients she needs through the needle in her arm. Joe takes a deep breath just wanting today to be over with, he wants everything to be okay but he knows he couldn’t have a nearly normal life. Joe takes a seat on the edge of the bed which was making his young daughter look so tiny. She was a small baby as it was and seeing her laid on this large hospital bed made her look even smaller and more innocent. He leans down giving her a kiss on the head before stroking the small amount of hair on her head.

“How long has this been going on for?” Joe questions.

“She was feeding when we came home but she wouldn’t digest it anymore so I brought her to the doctor and she gave her something to settle her stomach but now she won’t eat at all, I think she knows that it wouldn’t end well.

“Do you know when they’ll get the results?” Joe questions.

“No, they left over an hour ago so I’m hoping not too much longer. You can go home if you want; you look shattered, I’ll phone you in the morning and tell you the news.” Taylor suggests Joe nodding his head, he knew only one parent would be able to stay with her anyway and she would need her mom more than she would him.

“Thanks, I should probably go see my dad anyway.” Joe states getting up giving her a hug before leaving heading back to the other part of the hospital after texting Nick what room they are in. He shifts a large yawn very much looking forward to being in his bed.

It was early the next morning when Demi was making breakfast for herself and Kaleb; she had received a note from Joe saying that he got back late so he wouldn’t be going into work today. She decided that it was best if she let him sleep in. She was trying to be as quiet as she could but it was hard with a one year old. She cuts up the pancakes into small pieces placing them on the tray attached to the high chair. Kaleb grabs a piece placing it in his mouth slowing chewing. Demi smiles sitting down herself with a glass of orange juice. She was disturbed by hearing crying but it was a cry she hadn’t heard in a long while. It was a baby’s cry.

“I’ll be back.” Demi says to Kaleb not that he could understand her, she wonders through the living room into the hall trying to avoid walking into various boxes that hadn’t been unpacked yet but the crying was getting much louder. She discovered that it was coming from outside the front door; she swings the door open looking down seeing a familiar baby lying in a woven basket. She bends down picking up the basket reading the note which was lying on top of the bundles of blankets attempting to keep the young baby warm.

Hi Joe,

The doctors have discovered that Makayla was allergic to diary; I can not care for a baby which needs such care. I just can’t. It may sound selfish but I’m handing all her care into your hands. If you don’t like it then put her up for adoption. Simple. Bye Joe.

Demi sighs anger running through her body at the thought of a mother abandoning their baby. Demi has had plenty of problems with Kaleb since he was born and she admits that she has nearly given up before but she didn’t because she knew that it was a duty as a mother to try her best to provide the best life for her child. She makes her way to the dining table placing the basket on top bring up the crying baby girl in her arms trying to calm her down but nothing was working, she probably wanted her parents.

“What is going o…” She hears looking the doorway seeing Joe rubbing his eyes. “Makayla?” Joe questions walking over to them seeing that it was in fact his daughter. He becomes confused wondering why she was here.

“Note on table.” Demi says simply bouncing the baby up and down hoping it will calm her down. Joe wonders to the table picking up the note Taylor had left for them. Demi watching his expression as he reads it growing more angrier like she was when she read it. He tensed up Demi noticing the veins showing on his arms. She bites her lip knowing already that his reaction wasn’t going to be a good one.

---------------------------------------------------------