Episode 2- Someone like me

------------------------------------------------------

Demi pushes the stroller along the street, it's only about a ten minute walk from her flat and she likes to take that time to think about what's happening in her life, she must admit everything isn't perfect but she just takes what she's got for granted. She smiles wider when she hears Kaleb babbling in the stroller obviously enjoying the walk. She reaches the diner pushing the door open thanking the young man who held the door open for her.

"Hey Demi and little Caleb," James greets kneeling down into the stroller tickling Kaleb, the little boy laughs trying to push his hands away. James stands back up as they begin walking through the diner. "I've set up ready for him in the backroom."

"Thank you, many customers for breakfast?" Demi questions lifting Kaleb out of the stroller setting him in the play pen James had brought for her. James is the only person who has ever been there for Demi hiring her straight away when he found out she desperately needed a job otherwise she would be living on the street losing her baby boy. She has had visits from social workers making her terrified she'd lose the one person left that means the world to her.

"A couple, Selena is bound to come over so don't go slacking." James warns making Demi laugh.

"I won't, I promise." Demi says grabbing her apron tying it up behind her then doing her hair up. She gives James a hug before starting to load the dishwasher up from breakfast. She must admit it's not the worst job in the world but she'd rather be doing something else like drawing for something, she's always had a talent in it and wishes to share it with the world.

"Demi we have some customers!" James shouts through Demi grabbing her notepad and pen before heading through the door walking over to one of the booths which has a elderly couple in. She takes their order doing the table next to theirs too before taking it into the kitchen.

"Hi Sel." Demi greets back as Selena takes a seat on the stool behind the counter where Demi serves the customers. Selena gives her a warm smile ordering what she would like for her lunch hoping that her friend can stay close by so they can have a chat. Selena is the only person who is there for Demi besides James, she's only been around for about a year but that doesn't change her concern. She is concerned for her and Kaleb, she's tried to lend her money but Demi won't take it saying she's fine.

"How's Kaleb?" Selena questions.

"Good I guess, I had to bath him this morning because he managed to flip his milk all over him." Demi complains rolling her eyes, she's trying to save as much money as she can and having to run a bath for Kaleb after he had one the night before is adding more onto the monthly bill.

"You need to get a rich boyfriend that's what you need." Selena says making Demi laugh.

"I haven't had a date in ages!" Demi exclaims turning to a customer who had just sat up on the island. He looks about the right height for a man, young maybe mid twenties. Demi can't deny how good looking he is with his short black hair jelled up slightly into a small but long quiff. He has the most gorgeous eyes any girl would fall for which just stand out.

"I'll get you one don't worry Demi." Selena says making Demi shake her head.

"What can I get you?" Demi questions holding her pen to the pad ready to note down what the handsome guy in-front of her wants.

"Coffee and a date if your offering." She hears his deep voice say a smirk clear on his lips. Demi was slightly take back by that putting her pen and pad down on the table not needing it unless he wanted food which he doesn't.

"You don't want to go out with someone like me trust me." Demi says placing a mug in front of him pouring him coffee the guy holding his hand up telling her that he would drink it like that.

"And why not? What's a person like you?" He questions taking a sip of the drink.

"Single mom, poor, I can tell by your suit you clearly have a decent amount of money." Demi says not looking him in the eyes.

-------------------------------------------------

I can maybe do one more today if I get enough comments.

2 or 3! :)