Episode 17- Tell Me What I Should Do

----------------------------------------------------

"Demi are you okay?" Joe questions worry on his face as he takes a seat on his bed. He would be there in an instant if anything was wrong with Demi or Kaleb. That's what love does to you, Demi is still the most stunning girl Joe had ever seen and will make it his life's goal to get her to be his for the rest of their lives. The line stays quiet Demi not quite knowing what to say to him, she had it in her head but know when it comes to saying it she can't find the words. "Demi?" 

"Joe can you help me?" Demi questions crying a bit harder when she hears Kaleb scream, he could sense that she was upset which only made things worse.

"Sure you want me to come over?" He questions.

"Please." She begs not knowing what else to say to him.

"Okay calm down and I'll be over as soon as I can." He says both of them saying their goodbyes before they hang up. Joe makes his way back into the living room supping down the rest of his wine slipping on a pair of his shoes.

"I have to go see a friend in trouble, you're welcome to stay." Joe says .

"Okay, I hope everything is okay." Kevin says Joe flashing them a smile before he leaves preparing himself to help Demi in any way he possibly could.

Demi was sat on her broken couch rocking Kaleb gently as she cries, she couldn't get him to calm down and she knows it's because she hadn't calmed down yet. She was angry at the world for putting her through this situation, she doesn't know what she had done to deserve this, she's always been kind to people and did her best at everything that was thrown at her but obviously that wasn't enough for the world enough to allow her to keep her son.

"Demi?" She hears her head turning to the door seeing Joe who rushes over when he sees what state the two of them are in. He holds them close allowing Demi to bury her head into his chest Demi knowing that his comfort would calm her down. It took a couple of minutes but Demi calmed down which made Kaleb calm down as well holding out his arms for Joe. Joe smiles taking him placing him on his lap.

"T-Thank you." Demi stammers wiping her eyes.

"It's no problem." Joe says Demi not looking at Kaleb knowing that it would set her off again. Joe looks down at her not helping but smile at how beautiful she is even when she has been crying for what looks like a while before she had even phoned him. He knew then that he was a part of Demi's life, she wouldn't have phoned him if he wasn't.

"Social services want to take Kaleb if I don't find a better place to live but I can't afford it." Demi states looking down at the floor. Joe can't help but sigh looking at Kaleb in his lap who was playing with the bottom of his shirt. Joe wants to help Demi, lend her money or anything just to help but he knows she won't take charity.

"Take my money then Dems, I have plenty of it just sitting in the bank." Joe says Demi smiling slightly at the nick name he had given her.

"I can't just take it off you Joe, you worked and earned that money. It would just be wrong and I couldn't live in another apartment knowing that I didn't work hard to afford it, I love Kaleb but I can't help but think he would be better off in a better home with a mom and dad who would love him forever just because they can't have their own. All I want is for what's best for him and that isn't here." Demi explains the tears rolling down her cheeks again.

"Demi you can't give up, you can't give up on him. This little boy loves you to pieces, you just can't give up. In fact I won't let you give up." Joe demands.

"Then tell me what I should do other than take your money, I'll try anything but I just ran out of ideas now." Demi says.

"Move in with me." Joe whispers.

----------------------------------------------------

2 comments!