Episode 6- Why won't he give up?

Sorry I haven't done this story in a while.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was the next day at Joe's dinner break when he wondered into the diner as promised by Demi so they could have a chat. Joe had even paid Demi's boss so he could speak to her in private without her whizzing away to meet a customers' demands. He just wants to sit her down and learn more about her and her life. She is the most beautiful girl he had ever seen and can't help but want to have something more with her and her playing hard to get is just making him want her more. He would have to learn about how to have a proper relationship, he hasn't had one since he was a teenager but he believes he would do anything for Demi. Even stop playing with many other girls which he likes to do in his spare time.

"Oh hey Joe. Demi is in the back room with Kaleb." James explains whizzing himself around the diner taking Demi's job for her shift. Joe nods his head gathering that Kaleb is her son that she was talking about the day before.

"Thanks." He says making his way into where James has instructed him to go to. He can't help but smile when he sees Demi sat on a rug playing with a small boy. Demi looks up giving him a warm smile patting the spot next to him which Joe takes.

"This is Kaleb, he's one." Demi explains Joe smiling at the little boy which makes Kaleb burst into fits of giggles. Joe can't help but smile making Demi smile too.

"I'm sorry about the cheque, if you hadn't guessed I'm not too good with girls." Joe states making her

laugh he smiles at her laugh.

"Surely being rich and famous like you are you'd get loads of girls." Demi states making Joe chuckle slightly moving his eyes back onto Kaleb when he lets out a squeal of excitement. It's like he's trying to have a conversation with his mom but doesn't know enough words so just squeals instead pointing down at the toy in his hands. Demi takes it in her hands running the car along the floor Kaleb getting the idea and copying his mother.

"I may do but that doesn't mean I date them all." Joe states Demi telling that he isn't telling her something, she just raises her eyebrow at him.

"Let me guess you take advantage of them and dump them once you have slept with them." Demi guess Joe sighing nodding his head slightly. He knows he may not come across as a good person to date but he's hoping that because he's telling the truth she'll push that aside. Plus she doesn't know half the story of what happened yet.

"I have a valid reason though." Joe defends himself.

"And what is that?" Demi questions Joe sighs shaking his head.

"I don't want to talk about it." he states looking down at the floor the memories of his past invading the nice thoughts of Demi that he had before.

"Joe I don't think there could be a valid reason for a man to take advantage of girls, after telling me this you really want me to date you?" She questions.

"I'm telling the truth though and you expect me to tell you all about my life during our second meeting?" Joe questions.

"I just don't want to be hurt again Joe," Demi states Kaleb then cries. Demi looks up at the clock seeing it's about time for his lunch. "If you're so interested be my friend first then you'll never know what will happen." She states standing up picking Kaleb up who calms down slightly knowing he'll be seen to now. She makes her way out of the room and into the kitchen where the chefs make Kaleb a lunch everyday  thanking them as she takes it off the hot plate. She makes her way back into the room surprised to see Joe still sat that. 

"Can I feed him?" Joe questions wanting to learn about how to look after small children.

"You can try but he's fussy sometimes on who feeds him and he does some of it himself." Demi explains Joe nodding making his way over taking the plate so Demi could lift him down into the high chair wondering why Joe isn't giving up.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm off to the hairdressers later on, I'll update if I'm home when I have 2 or 3 comments.

I also have a assignment to do later on in the afternoon.