Episode 33- Confusion.

----------------------------------------------

Demi puts a jacket on Kaleb before lifting him up placing him in the stroller Joe had brought him like he promised. Demi puts her own shoes and jacket on before exiting the house making sure that the house was locked before making her way out of the gated community. The park wasn't too far away so she figured she would walk and get herself some exercise. It takes about twenty minutes before she reaches the hospital being a five minutes or so early. She's always believed it's better to be early then late. She stops pushing the stroller un-strapping Kaleb from the stroller lifting him up placing him on top of the sand handing him a spade and a bucket.

"Hey Demi." She soon hears turning her head around seeing Nick walking around the bench taking a seat next to  her looking down at the only boy on the sand pit smiling slightly. Seeing how much he looks like his mother.

"Hi Nick, his name is Kaleb." Demi explains noticing him looking at Kaleb.

"He's cute." Nick admits making Demi giggle slightly. Nick smiles noticing how cute she looks and how cute her laugh was. They begin talking just getting to know each other a little better Demi still having no idea that he was her boyfriend's brother. She's just happy he seems to be cooling down on the flirting. He's hardly doing any but she's had to warn him a couple of times. She doesn't want to cheat on Joe, she was the one who gave him the chance and doesn't want him to think that she wasn't being serious when she said that she'd be his girlfriend.

"So who is Kaleb's father, is he your boyfriend?" Nick questions.

"Yeah he is, it's a complicated story." Demi admits not really wanting to go through it, she wants to go off this whole subject.

"If he's giving you trouble don't put up with it." Nick states.

"He's not, we only met a week or two ago and we only found out the other day that he was her father." Demi explains not planning on going through any more of it. 

"So how did you two conceive?" Nick asks.

"I don't really want to talk about it, it's part of my past and I try my best to forget it." Demi states looking down at Kaleb who squeals patting the spade on the top of a bucket.  

"Oh okay, I'm sorry if you went through a tough time." Nick says Demi giving him a warm smile. Nick's mind turns onto a couple of weeks ago when he went to go visit his older brother with Kevin. He remembers Joe saying that he had started to like a girl at the diner their Aunt used to own called Demi, it could only be the girl who was sitting in front of him. His mood changes a bit, into anger knowing that yet again Joe had gotten the girl.

"Are you okay?" Demi questions noticing his sudden change in his mood.

"Is your boyfriend called Joe Jonas?" Nick questions ignoring her question.

"Yeah why, do you know him?" Demi questions herself. Nick just ignores her getting beginning to walk away. He didn't want to lose his temper in-front of Demi and especially Kaleb. Demi watches him walk away confused on what had happened. She doesn't understand on why he walked away after she'd told him her boyfriend's name.

"Momma!" She hears looking at Kaleb who was crying. Demi sighs picking him up knowing that he needed his diaper changing. 

Joe takes a seat next to Demi passing her a plate with a slab of lasagne on it. It was the first time in that day that he had spent much time with her instantly picking up on her mood. He takes a sip of his water placing the glass back down on the table.

"What's wrong?" Joe questions Demi sighing.

"Nothing, just a long day." Demi admits.

"I think we both know that, that isn't the case." Joe says making Demi giggle slightly. She wants to tell him but she doesn't want him to freak out.

----------------------------------------------------- 

2 or 3 comments.