Episode 47- Goodbye.

------------------------------------------------

Denise was sat at home in her scruffy clothes watching Kaleb play on the floor. She had just made some cookies and now was waiting for them to cook through and cool so her Grandson could have one. She smiles when Kaleb walks over to the bookcase pulling out an old  photo album, he waddles over to his grandmother handing her the book. 

"Do you want to have a look?" Denise questions laying the photo album on her lap lifting the young boy up sitting him down on the couch next to her. She opens the book up pointing to one of the pictures. "Who's that?" 

"Uncle Kevin!" He exclaims making Denise smile. 

"And this?" She questions pointing to another person. 

"Uncle Nicky!" He squeals clapping his hands. Denise can't help but smile, he knew who his uncles were yet he wouldn't call his father daddy. He was just adorable seeing so much of Joe's personality in him yet he looks so much like his mother. He was a handsome young boy and Denise knew that he would grow into a smart young man. 

"And this?" Denise questions pointing to Joe.

"Daddy!" Kaleb screams clapping his hands. Denise smiles wide putting the album down on the couch beside her picking up her grandson sitting his feet on her knee as they share a big hug. She knew how happy Joe would be with what he had just said and can't wait to see how he reacts when he first hears that word come from his son's mouth. 

"Your dad is going to be so happy!" Denise says kissing his head. 

"You know?" Demi whispers in his ear Joe sighing nodding his head gently but this wasn't the place to start having a happy soppy moment. He wanted to make sure Demi and the baby were safe before they started any kind of conversation. He was so happy when he found the test in the trash the day before, he was going to talk to her tonight about it. 

"Move out of my way before I shoot you too!" The man screams holding the gun up in his shaky hands, neither Joe or Demi though that he would be able to aim correctly. 

"I'm not moving and letting you kill Demi, shoot my instead!" Joe shouts back. 

"No Joe you can't do this!" Demi shouts back trying to push him out her way so she could protect him but he was too strong. They both let out a sigh of relief when the police burst in demanding that all weapons were put down but he didn't move the gun from the aim he has on Joe. 

"Darren put the gun down and everything will be okay." one of the officer assures. 

"But it won't be, she will still be alive!" Darren shouts. "Put your gun down or I'll shoot." He states. 

"I think we both know I can't do that." The officer replies sighing. Everyone jumping when a gun sounds off a manly groan leaving a pair of lips another gunshot sounding in response. Darren falls to the ground a gunshot wound on his head another body soon landing in the same heap. 

"Joe!" Demi screams rushing to his side holding onto his body. 

"I-I told him I wouldn't let you die." Joe stammers through a groan officers rushing to his side also. 

"Demi you need to listen carefully, hold this tea towel on the wound and try and stop the bleeding. An ambulance is on the way. With your other hand keep an eye on the pulse on his neck, if it goes shout out okay?" He questions quickly Demi nodding her head following the instructions laying the cloth on Joe's chest wound his head lying in her lap. 

"Joe you can't die, we're going to have a baby." Demi whispers through tears. 

"I'm sorry Dems, just raise the kids well okay?" Joe manages to say through the groan knowing that he probably wouldn't make it through this. The pain was intense and he can already feel his body becoming weak. 

"Please don't die Joe, don't leave me." Demi whispers but Joe's muscles begin un-tensing as his arms and legs become limp. He takes in one last breath before his heart stops completely.

------------------------------------------------

Comments please!