Chapter 13

I raced down the stairs as I heard a car honk outside. It was around 2pm in the afternoon and Caspien was finally acting on his word in teaching me how to drive. I was totally excited.

This morning I bombarded mom about the sweater in which took me like an hour to get her to hand it over. She was arguing about it was expensive and the material was soft. She was right about that. It was white and the knitted material was super soft. It was also slightly big. Nothing a tank top couldn't fix though. I paired the sweater up with dark blue skinny jeans and a black converse. I also left my hair down.

"Honey, eat some fruit before you leave." I peeked into the kitchen.

"I'll have fruit when I get back. Casp-" I started but remembered that was supposed to be a secret. "Jayce and I are hanging out." I corrected and her face lit up.

"Oooooh." She cooed. "I don't know if to ship you with Jayce or Dylan. So many options." She placed a hand over her heart dramatically as she sighed. "They're both cute."

"Well mom, Dylan is the one I'm interested in so..." I trailed off as that kiss with Caspien played over in my mind. "I should go." I made my way towards the front door quickly. As I stepped out onto the porch I noticed Caspien leaning on his silver Volvo with his hands in his pockets. He looked great in black. Black t-shirt and black skinny jeans with black shoes. I tried not to bite my lips unconsciously. It was something I did sometimes without being aware of it. He smiled and gulped. When I reached in front of him I twirled. "How do I look?" At the same time the sweater slipped off my shoulder and I saw Caspien shift a bit.

"Um..." I waited but nothing. Impatient, I pulled my sweater over my shoulder, walking towards the passenger side of the car.

"I asked you how I look, Caspien. You act like we're siblings." I slid into the car and so did he.

"We could be classified as sibl-"

"Don't even finish that sentence." I cut him off, giving him a look. "We kissed the other night so that will be weird."

"Let's not talk about that night." He said and I felt my heart constrict. Why was I so disappointed in what he said? I should feel good. Dylan was the one I liked.

"I agree. We were playing around anyway." He started the car and I looked out the window.

"First thing you need to know as a driver is to always wear seat belt." He reached over me to pull the seat belt but paused a little. He looked directly at me, his face inches from mine and I stared right back at him. I wanted Caspien to kiss me. Only to find out if I would feel the same way as that night. Consider it an experiment.

He cleared his throat, pulling away as he clicked the seat belt in. I took in a sharp intake of breath having realised I wasn't breathing a few seconds ago.

What was Caspien doing to me?!

This was a temporary thing. A result of him kissing me. Soon all these crazy thoughts would wear off. It would, wouldn't it?

On our way to the 'Driving Grounds' as Caspien put it, we went through the drive through of Flappy Burgers to grab something to eat for later. Apparently we were spending the rest of the day together. Why was I excited when he announced that bit of information? Was spending the day with Caspien really that exciting?