After cooking his dinner, I didn't call him rather waited for him to come.

The clock struck 11 but he didn't come down. This man is going to be the death of me.
Keeping aside my pride, I walked to his room and found hia door wide open.
He was lying on his bed, fully focusing his gaze on the ceiling.

I knocked on the door, and without looking into his eyes, I told him, "Dinner is ready."

From all this behavior, I concluded one thing. He like a five years old, is jealous of me because his parents give me the importance that probably according to him, I don't deserve.
But he should understand that I was sixteen, when James and Jess entered my life. It was a tender age, and a difficult time for me.
They saved my childhood and that is the reason, I give them more importance than anyone else.

May be in future, if I am given a option to chose between my biological parents and James and Jess, I will undoubtedly choose the latter.

"I have called my nonna tomorrow from Italy. And so I'll be on a day off. You have to be present with me.", I didn't say anything as I just sat across him with my head down.

E R I C

She didn't reply anything and held her head low.

"I think I said something...."
"I heard it sir... I'll be there.", I nodded hearing this.

Just then, Henry came in and walked over to her.

"Ma'am this has meds for temperature and anxiety. The other one is for cold if you feel it. However, the doctor prescribed to get a check up if anything persists."

She smiled at him, "Thank you Henry. It was a great help."

He smiled back and then left.

What is with this smiling!?

"Are you not well!?", I asked her.
She glanced at me briefly with a pointed look and then muttered, "I am good."

Now if anyone blames me, see I am concerned about her but she won't give a straight reply.

I finished my food and then wiped my face.
She proceeded towards me to take my plate, when utilizing the opportunity, I held her hand.

It was indeed, a bit too warm. I stood up immediately and kept a hand on her forehead, and she gasped.
"You have fever."

She took her hand away from mine, "Nothing that can bring my death, to your pleasure."

I scoffed at her but remained rooted at my place.
After washing the dishes, she went towards the couch and picked up her bag.
She kept her things in the bag and started to leave.

"Where do you think you are going!?", I asked sternly.
She turned to me with a tired expression.
"Sir I beg you, let me go. I haven't had anything since the morning. My stomach is growling. I have to cook food, eat it then eat my medicine. May be I'll get just two hours to sleep, because my house is already at a distance of forty minutes from here and I don't think I will get a bus or a c..!"

"I can drop you!", I interrupted her rants.
But as soon as she realized what I said, her eyes widened.
Even I don't know why I offered to drive her home. May be because she is ill. Or because I am feeling guilty after talking to dad about Marcos'.
Dad said she is right, and Marcos couldn't stand on their commitments. He even suggested to get rid of them as soon as possible.

"No thanks. I can manage....", She said drily but I interrupted again.
"I am not asking you. I am telling you.."

She frowned at me, "Sir I am not in my work hours. Neither I have sold myself to you. So... Please stop acting like you own me...."
"Either come with me or quit.", I said with finality in my voice and went forward to pick my car keys.

It was about to rain, and with a look of it, we knew it'll rain heavily.

I settled on the driver's seat and she after lot of huffing and puffing, got in the passenger's.

She forced herself to look out of the window, even if it is darkness outside.
Such a hard headed she is.

There were no buses or cabs on the road, except some drunkards washing themselves in the rain. I wonder how she would have managed to go on her own.

We were almost at her place, when I decided to break the silence, "Let me walk you to the door, you may get drenched under the rain. There's this umbrella in the back......"

I couldn't even complete my sentence, when she unlocked the door and walked to her door.
Genius!
She took her decent time to get drenched in the rain.
All my efforts went into vain.

As a sign for me to go away, she slammed the door with so much rage, I wonder it didn't break lose from its hinges.

"See you tomorrow!", I know she didn't hear and probably that was the reason I said it.

⚫