032

𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕨𝕠

The sound of humming is what woke Jeongguk from his slumber, causing him to slowly open his eyes to look around

The sound of humming is what woke Jeongguk from his slumber, causing him to slowly open his eyes to look around. Waking up in a foreign place while his head still felt like it was pounding wasn't ideal, especially since he could hear someone so close to him while he had been defenseless in his sleep. Relief flooded through him as he glanced only to see Jin who was walking around the kitchen.

He could remember calling the older when he was in trouble earlier so he just assumed this was his apartment. It was rather nice but that was to be expected for protagonists. The government had banned them from working and said they would only cause distractions and dangerous situations for others so they sent them monthly paychecks so they could get by in society without a job. 

Back when Jeongguk was openly a protagonist he never was able to use the money given to him. His actual parents were smart and made him save it for his future but once his first foster family adopted him they got rights to his money and spent it all on alcohol or drugs.

But that wasn't relevant right now, he needed to focus on his current situation. A large television was playing some film in 4k and sculptures that looked like they belonged in museums were placed around the room. It was quite posh but the drawing and polaroids scattered on the walls made it seem welcoming. 

"Kookie, you're awake!" The younger couldn't help but jump noticing Jin had entered the room and was smiling at him. Wait, when had the older started referring to him with that nickname? Before he could even respond another wave of pain flashed through his head causing him to groan as he sunk back into the couch cushions. "Don't stress yourself, I was making dinner so you'd be able to eat before going to bed."

"Dinner?" He mumbled as he slowly worked to push himself up trying not to make himself completely defenseless. Even though Jin seemed like a nice guy Jeongguk had to make sure he was prepared for anything, he knew how unfair his story could be at times. "What time is it?"

"Around nine, you've been asleep for a couple of hours. You got a pretty bad black eye there but you also have more pressing injuries that seemed to have happened a few days ago."

Jeongguk kept his eyes focused on his lap trying to think through what to do. It was obvious the older was concerned for him but why did he have hints of disappointment in his voice as well? It wasn't like he owed the older an explanation for the cuts on his wrist and bruise on his neck, he didn't even know Jin that well.  But it made the blue-haired boy feel guilty for keeping it a secret, he didn't like Jin being disappointed in him.

"I'm fine, honestly, It doesn't even hurt anymore."

"That doesn't look fine," Jin said as he walked toward the couch and it was then Jeongguk noticed the bowl in his hands. He placed the food on the coffee table in front of them as he sat on the couch turning to look at Jeongguk. "I made you some food, I'm sure you deserve it after having to deal with issues like that that aren't your fault."