32: Acetaminophen - Kyle

He sat on the love seat across from me. I sat on the sectional in front of him. Our eyes never left the other's. We sat in tense silence, like we're watching and waiting for the other to strike. I sat more relaxed, reclined and my body more sprawled out. He sat formally, back straight, head held high. The boy had finally grew some balls.

"Well," my voice boomed in anticipation. I couldn't wait to see how this played out. I had plans to hurt this boy beyond belief when I was done, "Talk."

He had this irritating calm radiating off of his person, like he mentally steeled himself from me. It's impossible, but something nagged at me. And after each passing second, I didn't like it.

"Kyle," he started, his voice slightly shaky. Seems like he's not so strong after all, "I'm here on behalf of not only myself, but for everyone. Stop fighting us."

"And why should I?"

I moved my posture so I could sit up straight. My wounds from my tiff with Gabriel ached slightly, but nothing any Tylenol couldn't distract from.

That fucking Gabriel Knight, finally getting up the courage to stand against me. It was kind of, entertaining, seeing him stand up for his new boy toy, but it didn't sway me. I know what I have to do to get what I want.

And having Gabriel Knight hit me was just that. But that's a secret that'll come later.

"Kyle, please," he begged. Admittedly, his vulnerable words turned me on a little bit and got my attention, "Don't do this. Gabe and Evan are your best friends-"

Cutting him off, "Were. They mean nothing to me now."

"But why? What is going on in your life that you have to destroy everyone else's to be happy?"

"The fuck you care for?"

"Because I genuinely want to know. Believe it or not, hurting me hasn't killed my character. I still care about you. Gabe and Evan still care about you. And that's why I'm here. To get the full truth and to hopefully get through to you."

I chuckled underneath my breath, seeing how fucking serious it was. It made me sick to my stomach that this fucking nerd wanted to play hero to people who didn't fucking care that he even existed until I came along. What a fucking joke.

I stood up from the couch and processed what he was saying to me. I looked over him, to see what his ulterior motives were. Even if he were genuine, I couldn't trust him. I can't trust anyone. I haven't been able to for a very, long, time.

Ever since that night...

"You don't need to fucking know why I'm doing what I'm doing. Just know that once I'm done, I'll have everything that I have ever wanted and no one is going to stop me."

"Kyle, what you're doing is dangerous. You're hurting people who haven't done a single thing to you. Can't you see you're... unstable?"

"Fuck you. I don't need you psychoanalyzing me," I halfway shouted, starting to reach my fucking peak with this conversation.

Who the fuck does he think he is? Asking me fucking questions like he's my fucking therapist. I'm doing what I have to just to get by in this fucked up life. Even if that meant hurting my former best friends. Even if I have to lie, cheat, steal, and much worse just to make it through. I will do it. I've gotten this far, there's no way I can go back now.

"Kyle," he whispered, drawing my attention back to him. My face warranted for him to continue, "Let us help."

My mind began racing. I had thought I had everything figured out. I thought everything was going according to plan. I mean, it all was until this stupid, fucking nerd came out of nowhere and broke me.

He broke me. Before I realized it, I was covering my eyes with tears escaping through the lines between my fingers. I felt Liam's body heat radiate next to me, and his surprisingly strong hands rubbing my back in circular motions. He was, comforting me. No one has ever been able to comfort me in years. My mind was so steeled against emotions that it felt weird to experience anything else other than emptiness. I hadn't loved truly.

I used everyone, and probably always will.

"You're strong, Liam Jenkins," I spoke in between the breaths of my tears. He chuckled to himself as he continued to comfort me, "And you're kind."

"Well, I have a reason to be," I figured he was mentioning his relationship with Gabriel. It made him strong, this entire fucking journey. And I was the antagonist, the puppet master, pulling at everyone's strings at the end of the day.

"So, Liam Jenkins," I asked, regaining my composure and looking at the boy with a concerned look, "What is it that you want? Do you want me to leave Los Angeles forever so that you and Gabriel Knight can have your happily ever after?"

He thought for a minute. What is there to think about? I thought that was what he wanted. He wanted me to stop torturing everyone so that they may happily live their lives. Is he now reconsidering what he desired?

After a minute of silence, he finally responded, "We don't want you to leave Los Angeles, but we want you to be our friend again. Whatever it is you're going through, let us help. I'm sure someone can do something for you with all the resources we have here!"

And that's where my mind shifted, broke again. Into anger.

The tears dried as fast as they had come and it was scaring even me slightly. Seeing that fucking excited smile on his fucking face pissed me off, that he looked down on me. That he wanted to help me. This is was not how this was supposed to end and I wasn't going to let it end so happy-go-fucking-lucky.

"I," emphasis on my 'I', "Don't need your fucking help, Liam Jenkins."

"B-but... Kyle," his voice whimpered and that fucking smile faded from his face. Just how I liked it, trembling in fear.

No kindness. No happiness. No love.

"I'll leave you and your fucking Gabriel Knight alone," I lied, getting him to end this conversation. From the look on his face, he couldn't tell if I was lying or not, but I put on my best actor's face, "Now are we done here? I have shit to do."

"The video," he whispered.

I rolled my eyes in anger and impatience, "What video?"

"There's a video of you and Gabe fighting spreading on the internet like wildfire. It's incriminating! You guys need to deal with it!"

My iPhone had been going crazy ever since school with tags from people on all my social medias. I hadn't bothered to check them, but I figure it was about this video Liam was talking about.

This was good.

"Fine, I'll talk to some of my parent's folks. Maybe they can do something or whatever," I half-ass mention.

"I'm serious, Kyle. Fix it," he heartily demanded, standing from his seat and heading for the door. I nodded my head and waved him off.

"Alright, now shut up and get out of my house."

He pursed his lips into thin lines and nodded, glancing at me worriedly. I roll my eyes at him and shoo him out the door before promptly locking it afterwards. Pressing my back to the door, I pulled out my phone and clicked on one of the many notifications that tagged me in the video on Facebook and watched the events unfold.

It was a masterpiece. Of course, it made me come off as the charming gentleman I always am, and it depicted Gabriel Knight throwing the first punch, striking me in my beautiful, fucking face. My anger started swelling up all over again and a new heinous plan that would take Gabriel Knight out of the picture erupted in my head.

Quickly, I dialed three digits that would make anyone shit their pants.

"9-1-1. What's your emergency?"

"H-hi," I put so much acting into my voice that it started sounding shaky and even tears started swelling in my eyes, "I... I have information on the missing persons case for Gary Washington..."

I knew his murderer, and his name was Gabriel Knight.