25: Discount Boy - Gabriel

"What... the fuck... did you do?"

My lifeless eyes turned and stared nonchalantly at Evan, who stood over me with his beefy arms crossed while I lain in bed, dressed in nothing but a black tank top and red boxer briefs. I was still in bed this Saturday afternoon, and I had no plans of leaving. My hair was shit, my facial hair grew and remained untamed, and the smell of my man musk lingered aimlessly.

Evan had found out that I've been spending a little too much time with Ryan Peters and insisted that he investigate the situation.

"I had sex with Ryan Peters. Like... five times? Over the last twenty-four hours."

"Dude. What in the serious fuck is wrong with you," he partially shouted. I could see the worry radiating in his pupils, but honestly. Who gives a fuck? Not like there's anything I should care about. Everyone is doing whatever they want to do now.

I'm doing me, and that's it.

"Look, it's not like I'm falling in love with the guy," I attempted to defend my position, even though no matter what I was gonna say, it would just piss Evan off even more, "He's just a hookup."

"Goddammit, Gabriel. Look at yourself, dude. What did Kyle do to you? What did LIAM do to you?!"

"Don't you dare mention those fuckers to me. I have been nothing but a friend and a lover and a colleague and... and... I'm tired. I'm so fucking tired of being what everyone wanted me to be and Ryan is my escape. He makes me feel warm, and takes me away from this world."

I started thinking about him more than I realized I had wanted to. Honestly, I went into this fling with him only wanting sex, but maybe he's not just sex anymore. Maybe he's a drug the doctor prescribed. But this isn't love. It won't ever come to that.

Evan brought me back from my train of thought by dropping all of his body weight next to me on the bed. He wrapped an arm around my neck and pulled me into an unexpected embrace. I planted my face into his warm chest and smiled lightly, taking in his scent and his person.

He smelled like masculinity, as if it had a smell. Roughness with a company of a teddy bear. My body moved on its on and pushed myself deeper into his grasp. I felt his other arm wrap around my torso and pull me tighter as well, and in a not so small secret, turned me on.

I bit my bottom lip and my breathing became shallower. A force came over me as I escaped from Evan's grasp and threw him back on the bed. I straddled him over his blue denim jeans and pinned his arms behind his head. His fitted, white t-shirt outlined every curve and bump along his muscular upper half.

"Damn... you're strong," he chuckled in his husky voice. It had gotten deeper, dangerously deeper, so he's in this moment with me.

"And you're hot."

Evan rolled his eyes seductively and smirked before relaxing his body underneath mine. Even though he's my best friend, I'm completely vulnerable to him right now.

"Gabe..."

"Yeah," I moaned in response. I closed my eyes and began leaning down closer to his face. I felt his breath graze against my lips, the distance between us was so close to being nonexistent, we could've connected and became one. As soon as my lips were about to touch his, we were interrupted by a knock at my door.

A familiar voice called, "Hey, Gabe. It's Ryan. I came to check on you."

"Shit," I whispered, backing off Evan's lap and climbing out of the bed. I looked back to the man I left behind in my bed and watch him regain his composure and the look of regret flash across his face, until he glanced at me watching him, "you okay?"