Ellie got an alert saying that someone was at the front gate.

"That's Steve with Talia, I'm gonna go let them in." Ellie told Nat, standing up and leaving Nat to talk to Rhodey.

"Where's Harry?"

"He had a sports club so I'm going to pick him up after my AA meeting."

She walked down the hallway towards the front door of the compound.

"Hi baby." She laughed as she picked up her daughter kissing her and then the wolf as she held it up. 8 months after everyone had disappeared, Ellie gave birth to her daughter, Natalia, which she shortened to Talia or Tal. Unlike her son, Harry, who was loud and outgoing, Talia was quiet and reserved.

"Thanks for picking her up for me." She thanked Steve who was carrying Natalia's small pink backpack.

"Of course, I'm the favourite uncle for a reason."

"Uncle Tony is Harry's favourite uncle, but don't worry because you're my favourite." Talia told him, as she lifted her head off her mothers shoulder.

"And you're my favourite goddaughter." He laughed as Ellie glanced back at him.

"How was group?" She asked Steve.

"Alright. Feel like I'm telling them lies that I don't believe though." He sighed.

"It's a good thing your doing." Ellie reassured him.

- - -

Ellie had left to go to her AA meeting and headed to go and pick up Harry from school, leaving Talia with Steve and Natasha. She pulled up the car outside of Harry and Natalia's school with Pietro, who she had picked up on the way to the school. Over the years Pietro had become one of her closest friends, always helping out the kids and anything that she might have needed. He and his girlfriend, Alice, regularly came over. The two of them got out of the car, Ellie slinging her handbag over her shoulder before walking into the gates and waiting outside with the other parents. She pulled out her phone as it started to ring and answered it as Steve's name popped up on the screen.

"Hello?" She answered.

"It's Clint."

"What's Clint?"

"The trail of bodies." Steve mumbled quietly.

"He's killing them?"

Steve simply hummed in agreement, Ellie glanced around and some of the parents who were eyeing her suspiciously.

"How's Nat?"

"She's okay, she's watching a movie with Tal so I think she's just trying to take her mind off of things."

Ellie sighed as the school door opened and the teacher gradually sent the kids in the direction of their respective parents.

"Look, I've got to go but I'll see you in a bit."

"Alright bye."

Ellie hung up the phone and placed it back in her bag with a sigh.

"It's definitely Clint." Ellie told Pietro, who wrapped a comforting arm around her shoulder.