"Where are you going?" A voice stops me as I am about to enter the third door in Arles' wing. I turn around to meet Haestus stepping inside the wing.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him instead.

"I am here to keep you company," Haestus' answer has my eyebrows touching my hairline. "Oh, really?" I narrow my eyes at him to which, he nods. I sigh and realize that Arles has probably ordered him to keep an eye on me in his absence.

That man!

Annoyance takes over me as I see Haestus giving me a mocking smile as he leans by the wall. "You two seem to be getting along well together," He comments and I almost roll my eyes.

"Naice," He adds in a cocky way as he gives me a suggestive look.

"You seem jealous, why tho?" I cross my hands on my chest and tip my head at a side. He rolls his eyes and sighs deeply before he shakes his head.

"You've never been out of this place, have you?" He changes the topic. This has my interest and I nod. "Let's take you outside then,"

~

"This place is so empty," I comment as our carriage rolls into a small village. The small houses look empty and abandoned from outside.

"It's not, trust me," He speaks while looking out of the small window of the carriage. He seems so consumed in his thoughts all the time. I sigh as I continue to look out of the window. The sky is gray and the day looks gloomy. The trees are naked and the floor is covered with dirty snow.

The Carriage stops in the front of a big white building before we climb down.

"What's this place?"

"Come with me, you'll know," He speaks more to himself before leading me to the huge steps of the white building. I tip my head back as I take in the sight of the huge building. The ceiling is supported by five huge pillars which have strange inscriptions inscribed on them.

The head of the building is covered by gray clouds. Several crows sit here and there on the small statues and inscriptions while peering down at is.

"Watch your steps," His voice takes me by surprise. For the most part, he seems to be occupied with his own thoughts but at the same time, he seems to be giving attention to me as well. I silently follow him inside the building.

We enter the building through a set of humongous door. The walls inside are white and so is the floor. The place is mostly empty. The ceiling is so high that it disappears in the crowd of clouds while several rays of sunlight peek through them and illuminate the place.

There's a huge pool in the middle of the room. It's round and when I peer inside it, it seems bottomless. A gasp leaves my mouth when I am able to see the whole galaxy to see inside it.

"It's a well," Haestus' voice echoes behind me. I turn around to find him watching me closely.

"What?"

"It's a well. It's one of the whispering wells we have here."

"The whispering well?" I ask as a crease forms between my eyebrows. He nods, "Listen..." He trails off before I hear voices whispering things that I cannot understand. They seem to be coming from inside the so-called well. Suddenly, it reminds me of the well where I saw Arles' past.

"What does it do?" I ask, feeling my curiosity reaching the moon.

"It shows you what you want to know the most," He speaks as he steps beside me and peers into the well. His blue eyes look so unfocused and lost as he looks down into the water and sinks deeper into his own pool of thoughts.