Ron's Romance

The Wizard's Friend's Entry

_____________________

My head banged off the table as I began to fall asleep during History of Magic. Every head in the room turned round to look at me, except for Professor Binns who continued to recite endless passages from a textbook. Hermione giggled. I blew her a kiss.

I couldn't stand this lesson anymore, I raised my hand. But this never caught Binns' attention so I cleared my throat. He paused and looked up. 'Yes?'

'Can I please go to the bathroom?' He raised an eyebrow, I added, 'sir.'

'Very well, in future go when you are supposed to.'

I stood up and headed for the door, just as I left I turned round and winked at Hermione.

The corridor was empty, there were no teachers to ask what I was doing outside during class. This I was thankful for. I headed for the Grand Staircase. Heading up, I looked down at my orange converse.

'Hi, Ron is it?' asked a voice from beside me. I looked up, it was Buffy.

'Oh, hi! Where are you going?'

'Actually, I was heading for the Owlery. I got a reply from my friends back home.'

'Cool, do you want me to come with you.'

'Sure, though aren't you supposed to be in class?'

'It's one I can afford to miss.'

My heart began to beat faster and faster as we left the castle and headed for the Owlery.

'So where is it you live?' I conversed.

'Sunnydale, in California.'

'Cool.'

Now it was awkward, I wasn't sure why I had joined her, I guess I liked her.

We walked on.

'So what class is it your bunking?' Buffy asked.

'History of Magic.'

'Yeah, History back home is a pain.'

'So, you learn about Muggle history?'

'Muggle?'

'Non-magical people.'

'Yeah.'

'Is it fun?'

'As fun as History of Magic.'

I laughed. And then, it was like a dream. Buffy and I turned to face each other at the exact same time. We leaned closer...and closer...and-

'Ron! Wake up! Time for Potions.' Hermione was shaking me.

'What? What happened? Where's Buffy?'

'What do you mean, Buffy? She's not here. Why?'

'Oh, nothing.'

'You were dreaming about her weren't you,' said Hermione crossly.

'No, of course not.'

'You're drooling.'

I smacked my lips and wiped off the drool. Embarrassed, I headed off for Potions.