Pounded Owl

The Slayer's Entry

______________

I felt something sharp pierce my finger and woke up, instinctively pounding whatever was causing the pain. I saw the white owl hit the floor unconscious.

'Oh, sorry!' The poor thing had a note in its little claw upon which was scrawled a message.

I lifted the note and read:

Hi Buffy, can you meet me in the common room in ten minutes and I can take you down to breakfast. If you're wanting so send a letter I can show you to the Owlery. This is Hedwig, you can use her if you want.

Harry

I looked down at 's the bird. I noticed she was beautiful and I felt even more guilty about hitting her. I noticed there was a small smiley face next to Harry's name. I guess I appreciated the note even if it had awoken me.

I quickly opened a trunk which contained my clothes. I needed something sassy. I didn't really belong here after all, so I'd need to look decent. I found the clothes I'd killed Angel in. I felt a huge wave of misery suppress through me. It was a break from slaying being here and all but I missed Willow, Xander, Giles, Tara but most of all, I missed Angel. This would have to be one heck of a letter.

I chose some denim dungarees and an orange jumper. I think I had borrowed this from Willow. Harry was waiting by the fire with his red-headed friend and the bushy-haired girl whose name sounded like some sort of disease.

'Hey, Harry,' I said attempting a smile after the sadness that had just seemed to overcome me. He looked up smiling brightly, 'Buffy!'

This was getting kinda awkward, it was then that I realised Harry needed new glasses.

'Breakfast, then?' Red-Head has spoken.

'Yeah, I'm dying here.' I put my hands in pocket, fiddling with the stake that I had decided to take with me. You can never be too careful you know.

We left through the giant hole I had entered through last night. I then remembered the moving staircases I had climbed. They were sweet! I wished Willow and Xander were here, enjoying this awesome castle. The best thing was, the portraits moved! Yeah, can you believe it!? We descended the stone steps waiting on a staircase to come to us.

'Extraordinary clothes!' remarked a portrait of some old creep in a dress.

'Right back atchya!' I claimed.

We arrived at the bottom of our last staircase, facing massive double doors. It was lucky I was the Slayer, my legs could have been killing me.

'This the breakfast club?' I asked.

'No, this is where we Brits eat. It's called tables,' said Bushy-Hair sounding resentful.

'Hermione!' nudged Red-Head.

She then turned away and stormed off. It was weird that Cordelia wasn't here to say, 'What's her deal?'

'Sorry about her,' said Harry, 'probably had a bad sleep.'

We entered through the double doors. For some reason it didn't feel enclosed like a room should. It was probably the fact that the ceiling was a blue sky with wispy white clouds. We found as seat, I walked carefully in case any wax dropped on me from the floating candles above.

My mouth widened at the feast before my eyes. I would enjoy this.