The Nose-Less One

The Wizard's Entry

_______________

It had been a close shave with the arrow. But Buffy had reacted quicker than anything I had ever seen. She really was amazing.

We were in the library, Buffy said that's where she always worked thing out. That was something Buffy and Hermione had in common.

'Right, I need to know everything about Voldemort. Strengths, weaknesses, how he works, who he works with....I need the facts.'

'For the umpteenth time,' Hermione said, 'no, only joking, I've just always wanted to say that. Anyway, Voldemort, he has certain objects, and these objects contain a part of his soul. They're called Horcruxes. If these objects are still intact Voldemort cannot die.'

'So, we bust the objects and then we kill him.'

'Seems pretty simple, doesn't it,' said Ron, raising his eyebrows. Buffy giggled and for a moment I felt something roar in the pit of my stomach. Something that was annoyed at Ron.

'Well, they're hidden and protected,' I said trying to forgive and forget,' and we don't even know what they are.'

'Oh,' said Buffy as if this was just any old demon. 'Well, it can't help if Faith's on his side. Weaknesses?'

'Well this is Dumbledore's favourite part,' I said, 'His greatest weakness is thinking that there is nothing worse than death. His greatest weakness...is love.'

'Well that's nice,' Buffy said. 'So what does he look like?' She appeared excited now. We raised our eyebrows.

'What? It's the new Big Bag, I need to know what he looks like. Scales? Claws? In need of a manicure.'

'In need of a nose, more likely,' said Ron

'Huh?'

'His nose,' I said,' he doesn't have one, it's weird!'

'But what does this bit look like,' Buffy felt her nose.

'Well, it's just slits,' said Hermione, 'he's like a snake.'

'Ew,' added Buffy, and we sat in silence picturing the nose-less demon that was Voldemort.