Chapter ︳24

Quatervois

(French/n.) a crossroads; a critical decision or turning point in one's life.

) a crossroads; a critical decision or turning point in one's life

~ Fire Lord Zuko ~

Marriage.

My jaw dropped before I could stop, sitting upright as I leaned forward, looking at Aang dead in the eye. Marriage.

"Aang...of course I'll support your decision, anything you need, as Fire Lord - as a friend, I'll do whatever I can," I spoke with the stupidest grin on my face.

The look of relief that washed over Aang, slouching forward as he laughed lightly, "You don't know how much I needed to hear that." He muttered, shaking his head as he rubbed his face in relief. He looked as if he finally told me his biggest secret, and in all fairness, it was a big deal.

Marriage - fuck, we're getting old. A sigh escaped me, as I let my elbows rest on the study.

It was absurd to think that we've reached a point in our lives where things like this – things like marriage and children was now the main focus of our conversations. That our old days of goofing off and being a group of kids were slowly disappearing. And that by next year – Aang and Katara may officially be married.

"Have you told Sokka or Yue yet?" I asked, watching the way Aang fidget in his seat.

"I told Hakoda a few months back, and he gave me his blessings. But I haven't told Sokka or Yue yet..."

"Well, I can tell you Yue will be overjoyed. She loves you."

Aang smiled brightly, hearing my words, "I love Katara, and I really needed to just tell you before I told them. But I think you're right; I don't think I'll have much trouble with Sokka or Yue..." I nodded my head. I didn't blame him one bit - I would be scared shitless too.

Aang wasn't just going to be the 'Avatar,' he was going to be a husband – and maybe even a father in the future. And in my books, being a husband or father was scarier than being the Avatar.

A soft giggle caught my attention, and without a second thought, my body started twisting in my chair to the open window behind me. An automatic reaction, my mind and body already knew that laugh all too well – learned to crave it. It was an amorous giggle, light and innocent, a sound that effortlessly carried in the gentle breezes – Yue.

Toph was Earthbending away, fixing the waterfall to its glory with ease, Suki giving her creative input. But more importantly, I could see Yue.

She was hugging Kiyi in her arms under one of the cherry blossom trees, smiling radiantly. Her white robes clashed against Kiyi's scarlet dress, the sun illuminating, making her seem like a divine spirit.