Chapter ︳09

Basorexia

(English/n.) The overwhelming desire to kiss.

) The overwhelming desire to kiss

~ Ying Yue Jiang ~

Warmth.

It radiated throughout my body as I smushed my face into the pillow and hummed delightfully. I've never slept so nicely before, and out of pure delight, I found myself wrapping myself tighter and tighter into the blankets, in complete and utter bliss. That was until I got a large sniff of the sheets. It smelled different from my usual vanilla scent. It was rich and in some ways smelt like firewood. Although it was different, that wasn't to say I didn't like it at all, rather than the opposite. It was intoxicating. Yet, it triggered something else in my mind. My eyes snapped open, and I took in my surrounding. Oh my.

The blankets were different.

The walls were different.

Everything was different.

I was frozen in place, curled up into a tiny ball on my side as I gazed at the windows. It's morning, so I didn't sleep in. But I huffed, I knew what I had to do, and at this point, I was stalling. The room was not unfamiliar to me; in fact, I knew it all too well. With a deep breath, I swiftly turned on my back, ready to come face to face with the one and only, sleeping Zuko. Yet, to my surprise, there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. Empty. Zero.

My eyebrows pinched together as I looked at the empty spot beside me. The blankets were nice and tidy, not a single wrinkle or crease found. Instead of finding answers, I was left more confused. Here I was, apparently in Zuko's bed, but Zuko was nowhere to be seen. I sat up straight and looked around the room. Memories flooding back when my eyes fell upon the back of the couch. We were sitting, talking, and then I started feeling sleepy...Did I fall asleep? I started getting rosy. Smooth Yue, really fucking smooth.

A soft groan caught my attention, and I looked closer at the couch. Is the blanket on the sofa moving? My eyes widen, there's no way... I shifted in Zuko's bed and stood up, curious. Slowly I walked over to the couch, trying my hardest not to make a sound. But my curiosity ended when I finally managed to stand in front of the sofa. If only I could capture this moment forever.

Zuko sluggishly laid along the sofa, his eyes closed and lips slightly parted. He was sleeping, still in dreamland. The couch was visibly too small for his large frame, yet Zuko managed to squeeze himself on top of it, curled into a ball as the blankets twisted themselves with his legs. It was the first time I ever saw him so vulnerable, different from his poised demeanour. I wonder how many people have seen like this, so exposed. Suddenly the need to make sure he was tucked in and warm engulfed me, what have you done to me? Zuko hugged the sheets close to his broad chest, his uniform breathing the only sound heard in the room. He looked tranquil.