Chapter ︳15

Thanatophobia

(Greek/n.) The phobia of death; losing someone whom you love.

) The phobia of death; losing someone whom you love

~ Ying Yue Jiang ~

"You look beauti- ahh-ahh-chooo!"

I giggled at Aang's face, as it scrunched together as the sneeze seemed to overtake his whole body. He slightly jumped as the air he released was beyond reasonable, and even a few servants looked at us with surprise; their clothes swaying from his sneeze. Aang gave them a cheeky smile, as he innocently rubbed the back of his head, "Sorry..." he muttered out with a shy wave.

"What I was trying to say was you look beautiful Yue." He said as he turned back to me. I giggled and nodded, "Thank you Aang." He rubbed his bright red nose and tried his hardest to breathe; his nose must be so stuffy... I pouted and found myself tempted to heal, but as if he knew what I wanted he just smiled brightly through a dry cough, "Don't worry."

"I do worry. You should be in bed. Not here, it's just a party – there will be tons in the future." I grumbled as I watched the way Aang's chest struggled to breathe properly. He was sick, a lot sicker than anyone expected. But yet here he stood, all dressed up in his Avatar attire with his wooden staff. "I'm already missing the party; the least I could do is come for the ceremony," Aang said with a smile, trying to play it off as if he wasn't in pain. He had deep under circles from the lack of sleep under his eyes, and his lips seemed a bit paler than usual.

"Aang, it's fine. I would be happier if you were in bed."

"I wouldn't miss this day for anything Yue. The least I could do is be here for you." He said thoughtfully. I smiled sadly and nodded at his words since I knew what he meant. Today was my big day. The day I was going to be introduced to the public as Zuko's Consort. It was scary and exciting all at once. Yet, as happy as I was, I was a bit blue not having everyone here for this day. That wasn't to say I wasn't appreciative of Aang and Sokka or even Zuko's family. They were sweethearts and supportive figures who helped me navigate the ropes, but it still would have been nice to have the gang here.

"Thank you..." I said softly, and Aang grinned, before giving me a small wink, "Before I forget, congratulations." He said playfully. I titled my head to the side as I looked at him puzzled, "Congratulations?" I repeated in confusion. Aang chuckled, although it soon turned into a small fit of coughs. Gosh, Aang, you're so sick! You need rest...

"You and Zuko. He told me you guys are finally official." Aang said proudly, playfully shoving my shoulder as I blushed and nodded.

"He asked me out the other night...." I mumbled bashfully.

"You don't understand how awesome this is — my two best friends, together. Soon you guys will get married, have little kids-" He ranted as he clasped his hands together in joy. For someone sick, he can for sure talk. I raised a brow as I observed how joyful he was but was soon distracted by the butterflies that danced in my stomach. Aang blurted everything that I would usually daydream of out in the open. Marriage, Kids? I thought I was rushing into things.