Chapter 20 - Nicolas

"Are you feeling any better, sweetie?" My mother asked, her eyebrows were pushed high on her head and pressed together, her eyes filled with concern as well.

"Not really, my head still hurts and my neck is starting to throb again." I tried to talk loud enough so she could hear me, but found the task impossible. That asshole, Erik, was gonna get it. He was a complete jerk and a true villain. I just wanted to pound his face in so much!

"Nic! Calm down!" My mother patronized in a worried tone. I looked at her in confusion before noticing my clenched fist deep in my comforter, the rest of the fluffy, pillow-like blanket high above the resting place of my hand.

"Oh, sorry, mum." I apologized while releasing the tight grip I had made, little nail marks were embedded in the palm of my hand.

"Try to calm down, we don't need you to go on a rampage," she spoke to me, her hand resting on top of mine. She was worried about me more than usual, it wasn't just the fact I was hurt, but also the fact my life is constantly in danger. "Is there anything you need? I can go get it for you."

"No," I replied to her while pausing to think, "I'm fine."

"Okay," she said before standing up and walking to my door. As she grabbed the bronze-colored door knob, she glanced back at me. "Just call for me if you need anything at all."

"Alright."

She shut the door after that, her footsteps fading on the wood and becoming loud once again as she descended down the stairs.

I turned over in my bed, facing the large window looking out into the blue night. It was great to know that we had the advantage, we could probably take out that group of bastards down the road. I wanted them dead now, you can't even trust a vampire it seems. They will turn and kill you at any given point, even when you try to be kind and caring towards them.

The sound of the front door below caught my attention, my dad's voice reaching my ear as well.
"Is she upstairs resting?" I heard him ask my mother.

"Yes, but she is having some issues controlling her emotions. It's best to let her be right now," she said in response.

I was having issues with controlling my issues? I think they're just fine! Why am I not allowed to be angry at that son-of-a-bitch?!

This issue with my emotions was a tad bit annoying. They couldn't stop me from making my own decisions, even if they are difficult for me to pick myself. That's how life should be, right?

They continued their conversation as I walked down the stairs lightly and quickly, not making a sound. My dad might've heard it, but he knew not to point it out. I now walked down the dark hallway into the living room, seeing quite a few people in the room. There in the room was my mother and father standing and talking about something; Danielle and Codi sat on the couch, while Taylor seemed to be guarding the front door to our house.

"Look, we need to think about this, Jason. Is it really okay to let him in here? Nic will throw another tantrum if she sees that boy," my mother said to my father, her loose sweater once accidentally hitting his nose.

"It will be difficult to explain it to her, but it will help her understand the situation," he said as he glanced over at me. "It's nice that you decided to join. Do you mind sitting down on the couch, please?"

I answered his question by walking over to the couch and sitting between Codi and Danielle. "So what's going on? I'd like to know."

"We've learned about some information from the other side," my dad spoke as he walked towards the center of the room. "Erik Kirov gave us some information on what the vampires are planning to do."