𝐱𝐯.

saturday | december 18th, 2021 | 04:27pm

"so what you think?" i asked

"i mean if you think you're ready to live on your own then who am i to stop you? you're grown" my mom said before taking another sip of her tea and keeping her focus on the tv

"you serious?"

with her you never know when she's being sarcastic or tryna use reverse phycology to get you to do the opposite.

"yeah. but don't come crawling back asking me to cook for you or spare you money for groceries. if you do this you're on your own, at least for the beginning. not that i won't support you but the whole point of you moving out is to be less dependent on me. so for the first 3 months you'll totally be on your own. understand?"

ain't it supposed to be the other way around? ain't she supposed to provide for me a lil in the beginning? shit it don't even matter.

"yes ma'am" i nodded

"good. now didn't you say you had somewhere to go?" she asked dismissing me

damn. fuck i do to her?

whatever. i started to head back to my room to get ready for this bumbass dinner i agreed to. i don't even know why. well i do but still.

when i got to my room i seen my phone lit up and went to check to see i had about three missed calls from bashair.

with the whole thing going with ole dude i forgot all about what really happened last night. my ass slept like a baby while niggas prolly went to jail or sum.

"yo" i said as soon as he answered my call back

"man fuck you!"

umm. nigga called to say that?

"nigga what i do?"

"how you just gon leave us hanging there like that? now niggas gotta go to court and shit, nigga bando still in there for other shit"

i'm not seeing how any of that is my problem. he chose to drive when lit. then chose to smoke on the way. he also chose to drive without a license and what may be a stolen vehicle, then proceeded to run away from the cops. i just happened to be in the car.

"sorry bout your mans but shit ain't got nothing to do with me respectfully. i ain't the one who arrested him and i also ain't tell him to drive without his L's. how you gon' get tight 'cus i got away? was i 'posed get in trouble with y'all too? and shit wasn't even planned"

"man whatever" he said before cutting the line

that's some stupid ass shit. i can understand why he's tight, but that shouldn't be targeted towards me. but fuck it, i ain't even bout to trip about that.

i plugged my phone in the charger then went to go hop in the shower. i took my time in there 'cus dude wasn't coming for bout another hour or so.

the hard part was finding sum to wear. but then again who am i really tryna impress?