𝐱𝐢𝐱.

thursday | december 23rd, 2021 | 10:49pm

"you boys be safe okay" my mom said as we got in the car

"yeah mom" i nodded

"shannon i trust you, do as you see fit" asaad said to her through my window

"no problem sir"

i'm surprised they're okay. my mom told me he was reluctant to pay the 500k for me which got her tight. i don't blame him though. who the fuck am i to him to pay half a million for? if the roles were reversed i wouldn't either. but now he's leaving her in charge for the week that we're gone. i guess they really do have respect for each other no matter what.

he rolled up the windows then began to drive off. we made it almost an hour without talking, just vibing to music before he began to speak.

"so with this whole, give it a shot thing—"

here he goes.

"can i kiss you?"

"nah" i said shaking my head

"okay. can i hug you?"

"nope"

"can i at least touch you"

"not if you wanna keep breathing"

"so fuck we gon' do then?"

"chill, i dunno. i didn't think this far along"

"hmm. okay"

"look, i wanna be able to do all that. trust me, i'm a nigga too. but i can't just jump into that shit. and you can't ask me to do it 'cus off rip imma say no. you just gotta..i dunno do it when it's right"

"so you want me to risk my life and kiss you by surprise?"

"well when you put it that way.." i said causing us to both laugh

"just..read the room"

"copy" he nodded

there was a moment of silence before he began to speak again.

"so can i ask?"

"to be your boyfriend? let's not drag it"

"no..i mean..no. can i ask about what just happened? the kidnapping"

"what is there to ask? i got off the phone with you. went to go answer the door. got kidnapped. a ransom was made. then hours later i was dropped back off"

"and that doesn't sound sus to you?"

of course that shit do. but what imma tell him? 'your best friend and ex got a plan to take you down. and i'm a part of that plan'. hell no. i value my life.

"i dunno what you want me to say"

"anything. you can trust me, i promise"

"good to know. but like i said, that's all that happened"