Chapter 1

Few years later...

It is indeed a beautiful day here in London. The sun is currently hiding beneath the clouds and you can feel the fresh summer breeze.

I am currently looking out the window as we pass by Big Ben. It's been years since my family moved here and I am always mesmerised by the streets and the architecture here in England.

"Madame?"

The door opened and it revealed the front view of a famous jewellery shoppe here in London. I got out of the car and started walking towards the building.

"Good morning, Madame Celaine. What a surprise to see you this early here today." Arthur greeted and opened the door. He is one of the security guards here and I guess he is used to see me and my family here.

"What a wonderful morning to you too, Arthur. I just got excited to pick something so yeah, I'm this early" I answered and chuckled.

I'm not lying, I am very excited to pick my new jewel since I got it as a gift from my Father. I can't even sleep last night.

I continued walking inside and I took a glance with the two silhouettes behind me. "Wait for me here. I will be quick." I exclaimed.

The sound of my stilletos covered the hallway and as soon as I was in front of the vault, it opened.

No security check was needed for me to enter the room. Besides, I can buy this building if I wanted to. "Good morning, Celaine." Mister Patel said with a smile on his face.

I just smiled back and roamed the room. This room is not new to me. It houses many jewellery contained in bulletproof glass walls. Earrings, necklaces, tiaras, bracelets, they have it all.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I'm only wearing an Alexander Mcqueen dress and a pair of black stilletos from Christian Louboutin. Just a simple outfit for a simple day.

I was about to twirl around but something caught my eye. It was something luminous and radiant.

It was a necklace. I stepped near it to give it a closer look. It looks perfect.

"That necklace is encrusted with 356 diamonds...." Mister Patel introduced but I cut him off immediately.

"Bring it to me, please." And I sat down.

It was brought outside and the assistant were carefully holding it while they're wearing their gloves.

Mister Patel sat in front of me and continued. "As I was saying, this necklace is encrusted with 356 small diamonds and a red diamond for its pendant."

"Legend says that the past owners were not so lucky when it came to love. They were showered with tons of money but when the time came, all their partners died because of unknown causes. Thus naming it the 'The diamond of hatred'" his assistant said.

Lucky for them, I don't believe in such things. I grabbed the necklace from the table and placed it on my neck.

Ang ganda. Sobrang ganda.

It matches my eyes perfectly. I smiled as I looked at my reflection from the table mirror.

"Looks good on you." The assistant complimented me with a smile. I glanced at him.

"Everything looks good on me." I answered.

"How much?" I asked and turned my head to Mister Patel.

"Four and a half million" he answered and grinned. Four million for a necklace?

Manghihinayang na sana ako kaso naalala ko, hindi ko naman pala pera ang ipambibili nito.

My Father promised me this so I'm taking it. My Mom has lots of this. And when I say lots, lots and lots of this. She'd wear jewels that would buy a whole set of 15 apartment buildings even if we're at home.

"I'll take it." Masayang sagot ko at inilapag ang kwintas sa lamesa. Agad naman itong kinuha ng assistant niya at iningatang ilagay ito sa isang velvet box.

After he gave it to me, I immediately walked outside the room . He doesn't have to worry about me running out with this gem without payment. My parents are billionaires and 4.5 million won't hurt their bank accounts.

I am now being followed by my two body guards and Arthur opened the door. "Come back soon, Madame Celaine." He said with a smile.

"Yes, I will. Thank you." I answered and continued my steps unto the car. I cannot wait to show my Mom this necklace.

........

"Mom, guess what I got." masayang bati ko sa kanya pagkapasok ko sa sala. She smiled at me after drinking her tea.

"Hmmm, the gift of your Father?" sagot niya.

"Yes! Look, ang ganda niya!" Sambit ko habang tinuturo ang kwintas na nakasabit sa aking leeg. Hinawakan niya ito at tumingin sa aking mga mata.

"Indeed, you have a great taste. The diamonds match your eyes. Magkano ba ang kuha mo nito, anak?"

"4.5 million" I proudly said kaya namilog ang mata niya.

"Too much for a necklace." dismayadong sagot niya.

Huh??? Siya nga 'yung mahilig sa mga mahal na bagay dito. I don't understand???

"But you have lots of this tapos mas mahal pa dito." naguguluhang sagot ko sa kanya.

"I'm just kidding, dear. It's beautiful and please take care of it. You deserve it naman but your Dad will be mad if you lose it." payo niya sa akin. Maingat naman ako sa mga bagay-bagay eh.

"Yes, I will, Mom." saad ko at pumasok naman si Dad.

"Daddy, thank you!!!" bungad ko sa kanya at yinakap siya.

"Anything for you, Celaine." saad niya habang yinayakap ako pabalik. My Dad is the best!!!

Nang matapos ay humiwalay siya sa akin at umupo sa tabi ni Mom.

"Anak, you'll be meeting your fiancé soon. I hope you're ready??" panimula ni Mommy.

Hala, oo nga. I almost forgot about it. I don't even know him yet and I don't think he'll like me.

"About that... Di'ba three months from now 'yun...." nahihiya kong sagot.

"Yes, dear. Why?" seryosong tanong ni Daddy sa akin.

I've been thinking of this for the past few months. Sana payagan nila ako kahit ngayon man lang. I've been spending most of my life here in the mansion and sometimes at our chateu at the country side tapos marami pa ang nakapalibot sa akin na mga guards and I just want to have a simple life just for now.

I'm getting really bored here. I mean, I do travel to different countries to attend fashion weeks and I've come to think of what I really want.

I want a vacation. Just myself. I want to go to a place where no one knows my name. I want to explore something new....

And the Philippines is a perfect place to have my unwinding moments bago pa ako makasal sa taong di ko naman kilala.

Kaya kahit kinakabahan, sinabi ko pa rin ang gusto ko.

"Before I meet him, I want to travel. I want to go home. I want to be in the Philippines."