"No Ma'am, she came running in the parking lot and when I asked her what happened, she shook her head and got in the car! And then sir came..And found her..", he was panicking.

"Don't worry Mason!", Dad kept a hand on his shoulder, "She'll be alright."

I preferred remaining silent.

After two hours, the doctor came out.
Everyone stood up, and so I too did.
"What happened to her doctor!?"
"She had severe internal bleeding. Her food pipe and stomach got something very unpleasant. May be some food!? But don't worry she's fine now."

I breathed a sigh of relief.
"Thank God!", My parents breathed too.
Mason looked like he will cry with happiness.

Mom and dad immediately strode in her room, while Mason waited outside.

I didn't know whether I should go in or not.
So, I sat there outside the room.

And then moments later my phone beeped.

Mr. Ashton..
Dad!?
I opened the text and it read,
"Have some sanity Eric! You are her boss!", I rolled my eyes at him, and went in.

There she was lying on the bed, vulnerable and weak.
I don't know why but I felt a strange sense of grief seeing her like this.
It reminded me of something.
And I gulped.
No! Be strong!

My both parents were settled on stools on either side of her. And I went and stood leaning on the wall, far from the bed with my hands folded on my chest.

"How are you feeling Eri!?", Mom asked her.

She turned her head in her direction and smiled weekly, "I am fine Jess. Don't worry..I am a strong girl!",she said rather enthusiastically.
Dad chuckled and shoved her hair back, "We know you are."

The she looked around, and her eyes met mine.
Should I ask her....um..no!

Her eyes lingered on me, as if she was thoughtful about something, and then she turned to Dad.

"James...Can I have my phone!?"
"Yes of course sweety...Here it is.", He gathered it earlier from me.

She sat a little putting effort on her abdomen. Mom helped her.

She dialled someone's number and then waited.
After someone picked up, "Stephan, I want you, Andrew, Hade, Jack, Lucas and Henry to meet me immediately. It's something urgent."

My parents and mine brows scrunched in confusion.
"Urgently!? Why so child!? You need to rest.", Dad said what I was thinking.

"No James! It 'is' something urgent."

Soon the six guys, dressed in a coded dress, were assembled in the hospital room, and she sat up, assuming a business like posture.
Dad and mom were still confused and so was me.

"So! Here are the members of Ashton's security team. Well trained both intelligently and physically. We have three people to be guarded. James, Jess and Sir Eric....."
My head snapped up as I heard my name.

"But child....!?", Dad had a questioning look on his face.

"James do you trust me!?", She asked and it didn't take dad a moment to answer, "Of course I do!"

"These are your bodyguards.
Jack and Lucas will be for Mrs. Ashton!
Hade and Andrew will be for Sir James.
And the best ones, Stephan and Henry will be for Sir Er......"

"And who do you think you are to do things on your own!?", I spat at her, and heard mom gasp.
"Eri...!", Dad would probably wanted to strangle me but he stopped.

"Sir...I am the manager of your Security team and so....!"

"Okay and that gives you the right to boss around people!?", I said venomously.

She sighed but didn't answer.

Just then the doctor entered.
"Miss Miller...Your reports.", She thanked politely and handed the report to who I assumed was Stephan and seeing the papers his eyes widened.

Before I could enquire, she spoke up.

"James and Jess! If I am not wrong, I planned a holiday for both of you!?", She narrowed her eyes at them rather playfully.

What's with this sudden change in her mood!?

Dad chuckled.

"However, these four guys will go with you, but I want you to go tomorrow as it was scheduled before.", Dad was about to interrupt, but she beat him to it, "No! I am not tolerating a thing. God knows how much research I did to just plan this honeymoon, and I'll be drowned in melancholy if you don't go!"

My parents laughed at that while dad said, "Don't act dramatic kid! We'll go but you'll have to take care of yourself and this son of a...bastard!", He pointed at me.

"Yeah! So now go back and take a good sleep. Your jet is scheduled to fly at six in the morning.", Then she turned to the bodyguards, "Anything suspicious...Inform me! And don't let the two be kind enough to give you leaves. They should be guarded with life."

The four guys nodded at her, and then escorted mom and dad, who didn't go before kissing my styled hair away.

I scoffed as I saw that now there were just two guys left with me and her.

"Am I going to get a explanation!?", I growled at her.

She looked at me and then sighed tiredly.

Ok! I know I am a pain in the ass...But you don't have to rub it on my face again and again.

"They planned to kill you tonight by spik....."
"What!?", I scoffed in disbelief.

"Sir see these papers...They are her rep....!", I snatched the papers from his hand.

I read the papers.

The highlighted thing was...
"Acetaminophen large quantity detected."

Damn!

"That's a deadly poison!?"
"Yes sir it is. If we delayed.....!"
I turned to Erica, "How the hell did you get that into your system!?"

She didn't answer me rather picked up her purse from the table at the side of the bed.

From it, she took out a glass.
Awfully similar!

And that's when realization hits.

The drink was spiked!

My mouth opened but I went speechless.

"This is the same glass which was coming to you...", She looked at me..

Nothing striked in my head except one question, "Did you know beforehand that it was....!?"
She looked away, and immediately replied with a "No!"