Chapter 56

I opened up my wattpad today and found out 'The Boss and Me' had 10k views -- Wow! I'm speechless. Thanks to all of you who have read this story.

Anyway, votes and comments are really appreciated. Those are motivation for me to keep writing.

Then again, please enjoy~~~

----

"You said that Taejoon and Aunty Joonmi talking about Jungkook. Is that mean Jungkook was Taejoon's son? And if it is, that's mean Jungkook and Y/n are siblings, right?"

Sudden realization strucked on Jungkook's mind over the words he heard. He shot his gaze to his father who watched him in unknown expression.

'Please, please, don't tell me it's true.'

His father's eyes showed some pity in it. Jungkook hardly gulped as he nervously waited for his father to speak. By the look of his father's eyes, he knew he'll be getting something bad.

Jaejung took a deep breath. "Yes."

Jungkook widened his eyes. 'No way! No, no, no.'

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Yes, if it's trully happened but no. You are my son. I am your biological father."

It's a relieve. Jungkook let out a sigh touching his chest that was tightened a moment ago. Even Yoongi and Hoseok did the same. The situation just now really held their breath so hard.

"It's not funny, father."

"I'm not joking Jungkook. I knew about it not long ago before your mother's death. She told me the truth when I asked about that night. Then again, it was my fault for not asking it sooner."

"After that night, I always spent more time in office. I wanted to forget about that night that I didn't realize it's effecting you as well. Your mother was worried too but she couldn't say anything because I didn't speak with her at all. I just couldn't. I didn't realize that it tooks years I'd been neglecting you both. Your mother always tried to please and do everything to catch my attention back but I simply ignored it. You too. You always tried found ways to make me to talk and play with you but everytime I see you I always saw Taejoon's face that I couldn't help to hate you. But somehow, the more I looked at you the more I felt that you were my son. When you're getting bigger, you features were more look like me than Taejoon. I actually was glad though. However, I didn't feel brave enough to ask your mother at that time."

Jaejung looked so regretful by the time he finished his sentences. Jungkook looked at his father who was still remorsed by the past.

"Father."

"What is it Jungkook?" Jaejung said whilst looking at his son dearly.

"How do you end up marrying Aunt Minah?"

Jaejung looked at Jungkook and Yoongi back and forth. He then stopped at Jungkook continued to speak.

"It was your mother's wish."

"Mother's wish?"

"Yes. You know that they're met again after being apart quite a long time. Minah was your mother's best friend when they were in orphanage. They were seperated after Minah being taken by a foster family and moved away. Your mother met her back and they became closed again. You knew about it right?"

"Yeah. But how it was happened?"

"When your mother was diagnosed a cancer, she knew she couldn't live longer. I was at my fault too that I didn't realize that she was sick. If I had known earlier, I'd do everything I could to save her. But, fated was being  cruel. By the time I known about it, it's already too late. Minah knew about it too but she didn't tell me because she made a promise to your mother not to tell me."

"Your mother asked to see me one day and that's when I knew all the truth. About her sickness, her secret affairs, also the truth about you. She knew that I neglected her all those time because of that night but she didn't mad at me at all. She said it was her punishment to her sins."

"She asked me to marry Minah because she thought that's the only she could repay her sins. She also said that Minah could give happiness to me the way that she couldn't give it whilst she being my wife. I was offended at first that she seems belittled my love towards her but in the end I understood what she meant by that. She just wanted me to feel  love and Minah could provide it. And yet I could only felt it years after your mother's death since I couldn't let go the thought of your mother in my heart.

Your mother held a special place in my heart that it's not easy for me to open up my feelings to someone else but Minah was someone who had so much patience and kind hearted. She kept coming to me showered me with her love meanwhile, me, kept pushing her away. I guess that's why Yoongi realized I'm not being fair towards his mother that he wanted her mother to be freed and believe me I did let her go but your mother was a stubborn person too, Yoongi. The more I pushed her away, the more she kept coming to me. At last, her loved won over me. And I thank to both of them, I could finally abled to feel loved and to love."

"I hope you understand Jungkook that I always loved your mother. Never once in my mind I forget about her. I'm just accepting new love after long years of broken hearted and thankfully the chance that your mother gave to me I finally found it. Through Minah."

"And Yoongi. I'm sorry if all this time I didn't treat your mother better. I promise you my son, I'll try to change and become a good loving husband to her. She deserves it. I'll be better than your father. This is my oath to her and to you."

The sudden weight pressed on Jaejung let him cracked a small smile as his son hugged him tightly. He was longed for this. The feel of hugging his own son that he once neglected. His eyes became teary as he hugged him back.

"I'm sorry father. I didn't know you were hurting so much. I'm sorry." Jungkook felt his tears dropping to his cheeks.

"It's okay, my son. It's okay." Jaejung patted Jungkook's back lovingly.

"Oh, I want a hug too." Hoseok faked crying rushed to them and hugged both Jungkook and his father.

Yoongi watched from far, wiping his tears and let a faint smile. He then turned his gaze as he sensed a slight movement at the corner of the room. He calmed down a bit as he recognized that it was his mother hiding behind that corner, watching the situation whilst her sniffing her nose slowly in teary eyes.

"So, what's now?" Hoseok said breaking up from the hug in high pitch voice which certainly killed the mood they had just now.

Jungkook was a bit annoyed but still breaking up the hug reluctantly. They knew the truth now, so, next, a plan to solve his problem.