Chapter 37

"Actually father was changed now." He suddenly said after a whole minute of silence. 

"Change?"

"Apparently he became more nice and acted like a father that he was supposed to be. It happened after he fell ill. But, I was ignoring him. I was still hurt of what he done to me and my mother. Hyunjoo hyung was the one who being the middle men between me and my father. He told me a lot that father missed me and wanted me to come back home."

"I'm sorry I'm asking you this but I saw your father on a wheelchair. What is his sickness?"

"It was an aftereffect of stroke. Overworked himself too much that he didn't care for his health. He got high blood pressure and fell from his office desk and unfortunately got hit by the stroke. Hyunjoo hyung sent him to the hospital and got into comma for two days. He woke up the next day and realized he was half paralyzed. Doctor was confirmed that he couldn't walk anymore."  

"Oh." You lost your word. 

"I didn't even spent my time to visit him although Hyunjoo hyung asked me to go many times. I was so focused on work. I even thought that was some sort of a little revenge I did to him as he neglected me in the past."

"Did you really never visit him?"

He turned his gaze to you and fell silenced a bit. "I did once...and he never knew about it. I went to the hospital and saw him laid on the bed alone. At that time I thought I looked at him with disgusted and hatred but when I saw him, my heart became soft a little. He was having a nightmare and I heard him said 'Forgive me son. Please forgive me Joonmi.' When I heard he said my mother's name I knew I could not hate him. But, It was hard to forgive him. I was cold at heart and I became more serious."

"So you did but what do you feel about it?" You asked to fulfill your curiosity.

"I supposedly felt satisfied when those happened but some how I felt nothing.  He changed but I also changed. I could be serious in work but I couldn't in relationship. I felt scared and scarred. I felt the scar I had with my father and mother relationship brought me to a different view of what marriage is and I decided not to get involved in it. I am scared to hurt my mate and I'm also scared that I will treat her and my future children like my father did to mother and me."

You squeezed his hand again. "I believe you are not like that. You are a nice person and I swear you can be a nice husband and father to your children. I saw you treated Jiwoon nicely and that's the proof."

He slightly smiled hearing your words. "I hope that's true."

"It is and you should really believe it." His orbs that looking into yours was filled with glint and hope. You smiled to him and caught with his stares. His look was penetrated your soul that you didn't realize he became closer inch by inch. His eyes that slowly looked down at your lips before turned to look back at your eyes asking to get closer. You too got closer to him and you felt his breath on your lips.

"May I?" He whispered but before you responded he already smashed his lips to yours. You backed away a little but sooner you closed your eye to feel his soft lips on yours. The kiss was gentle and soft. He cupped your face to deepen the kiss and you crossed your arms on his neck to deepen it more. The kiss became more heated and passionate as he tilted his head and sneaked his arms pulling your waist closer to him. He bit your lower lip asking permission to let his tongue in. You opened it and he slide his tongue in. Both of you were fighting who would be a dominant and obviously he won over it. When you felt the need of the air then he let you go. A string of saliva followed you after you pulled off the kiss. You let down your head and hands to calm down your thumping heart. He lifted your chin with his fingers.

"You are so beautiful and I love you."

You smiled. "Thank you and I love you too."

He slides his thumb on your lower lip and gave a peck on your lips. He then let go of you and got up. He let out his hand.

"Come. It's getting late. I send you back home."