5 Superfoods to Boost Your Metabolism

Another efficient way to increase your metabolism is by making some changes to your nutrition and lifestyle. One key change: cut out sugary foods from your diet and opt for more nutritious alternatives.
The more nutritious metabolism-boosting foods include:
Protein. It's important to include a sufficient amount of protein in your diet. Sources include fish, chicken, and lean meats, as well as legumes like beans and peas. Your body requires more energy to fully digest proteins, which causes your metabolic rate to rise in order to meet this demand for energy.
Green tea. Green tea contains catechins and caffeine, both of which are good for increasing the metabolism of fat in the body. It is no wonder, then, that green tea is part of the diet of many people who are trying to lose weight!
Chili. Chili peppers contain capsaicin, which is the compound that gives you that burning sensation. When ingested, this compound increases your metabolism and also cuts down the fats.
Coffee. Coffee contains caffeine, the compound you crave in the morning before you start your day. If you feel an energy boost when you drink a cup, you're not imagining it. Caffeine increases your metabolism and makes more energy available for your body to use.
Seaweed. This plant contains plenty of iodine. The thyroid glands, which are located at the front of your neck, use iodine to produce the thyroid hormones. These hormones are responsible for regulating the metabolic rate in your body.
Certain types of seaweed (like kelp) contain a lot of iodine, though it's advisable to consume them in moderation.